IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Setting up an MGS MOC mySQL database, Come out ! Come out ! Where ever you are!
MouseOnMars
post Jul 23 2007, 03:18 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2288

I thought I'd start a thread here to get any helpful suggestions and so I don't "re-invent the wheel" all the time.

I have been frustrated by the PDS system (good as it is!). It does not seem to cover fields like "slant distance", although I have mailed the Curator about this. I may be missing something.

I found the cumindex.tab and the errata file that you're supposed to add to it. This is about a 110 mb database file.

I'm trying to set up a mySQL database so that I can search through it and maybe do things like make Worldwind layers.

My interest is the oblique images. Using emission angle and slant distance I can extract these more dramatic images (come out of there!).

Here are some examples.

mouseonmars

PS. I got a reply from Emily Law a PDS Curator. Here is the main MGS PDS node, which was difficult for me to find anyway, through the PDS "front door". It has it all. All fields, thumbnails in line on the page, the lot... cool.gif Do I need a my SQL database now ? Maybe.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 08:18 AM
RULES AND GUIDELINES
Please read the Forum Rules and Guidelines before posting.

IMAGE COPYRIGHT
Images posted on UnmannedSpaceflight.com may be copyrighted. Do not reproduce without permission. Read here for further information on space images and copyright.

OPINIONS AND MODERATION
Opinions expressed on UnmannedSpaceflight.com are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of UnmannedSpaceflight.com or The Planetary Society. The all-volunteer UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderation team is wholly independent of The Planetary Society. The Planetary Society has no influence over decisions made by the UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderators.
SUPPORT THE FORUM
Unmannedspaceflight.com is funded by the Planetary Society. Please consider supporting our work and many other projects by donating to the Society or becoming a member.