Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
My new blog
dvandorn
post Mar 22 2008, 04:14 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 15

Well, I finally got motivated to become a blogger. I decided that there needs to be a voice amongst political progressives such as myself in favor of manned and unmanned space exploration. And since I can't and won't get into any such discussions here, it just made sense to me to create a blog for the purpose:

http://progressivesforspace.blogspot.com/

I'll be discussing a lot of aspects of space exploration, from my own unique perspective. And I hope to have a significant amount of non-political content, too. For example, I've been itching to publish a nitpick review of the HBO miniseries "From the Earth to the Moon" for quite some time...

Once again, I won't get into any political discussions here... this is not the appropriate forum for that. I hope to have a little something for everyone, though. So, drop by if you like.

-the other Doug

p.s. -- here's hoping this shameless self-promotion isn't offensive to anyone. I figure, if you don't care for me or the points of view I've expressed here, you certainly don't have to come look at my blog... *smile*... But all are welcome.

--------------------
“The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right.” -Mark Twain
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
nprev
post Mar 22 2008, 01:23 PM
Post #2

Merciless Robot

Group: Admin
Member No.: 602

Looks good, oDoug; good luck, looking forward to seeing it grow! smile.gif

--------------------
A few will take this knowledge and use this power of a dream realized as a force for change, an impetus for further discovery to make less ancient dreams real.

+Quote Post
ElkGroveDan
post Mar 22 2008, 03:36 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 197

Typo next to your photo:

My blog entires will tell you a lot about me. Read them, know

--------------------
If Occam had heard my theory, things would be very different now.

+Quote Post
dvandorn
post Mar 22 2008, 04:22 PM
Post #4

QUOTE (ElkGroveDan @ Mar 22 2008, 10:36 AM) *
Typo next to your photo:

My blog entires will tell you a lot about me. Read them, know

Ooops! Thanks, Dan! That's what I get for setting up a blog after work on a Friday...

-the other Doug

--------------------
“The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right.” -Mark Twain

+Quote Post
jasedm
post Mar 22 2008, 04:49 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 655

Yes, best of luck with this Doug - *the* most wonderful thing about the web is the freedom of expression it allows, and the chance for heterodoxy to flourish.
I'm particularly interested in opinion on 'from the earth to the moon'. I was bought the entire series on DVD for christmas, and watched practically the whole shebang over three days - excellent drama, expertly realised.

+Quote Post
nprev
post Mar 22 2008, 07:26 PM
Post #6

Merciless Robot

Member No.: 602

I'm really looking forward to you espousing the enormous amount of MSF knowledge & recollections you possess, framed as you will. Get the feeling that the behind-the-scenes factors were at least (if not more) important then the technological, and there definitely are lessons to be learned. Give 'em hell, Doug! smile.gif

--------------------
A few will take this knowledge and use this power of a dream realized as a force for change, an impetus for further discovery to make less ancient dreams real.

+Quote Post
jasedm
post May 30 2008, 11:08 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 655

I've called by a few times oDoug, but no activity since initial setup - all is well I hope..

+Quote Post
dvandorn
post May 30 2008, 03:20 PM
Post #8

I know, life has just been busy. I have a backlog of topics to address there, and I'm hoping to get quite a lot done there in the next few weeks.

It's not abandoned -- just left to lie fallow for a little while...

-the other Doug

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 04:52 AM
RULES AND GUIDELINES
Please read the Forum Rules and Guidelines before posting.

IMAGE COPYRIGHT
Images posted on UnmannedSpaceflight.com may be copyrighted. Do not reproduce without permission. Read here for further information on space images and copyright.

OPINIONS AND MODERATION
Opinions expressed on UnmannedSpaceflight.com are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of UnmannedSpaceflight.com or The Planetary Society. The all-volunteer UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderation team is wholly independent of The Planetary Society. The Planetary Society has no influence over decisions made by the UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderators.
SUPPORT THE FORUM
Unmannedspaceflight.com is funded by the Planetary Society. Please consider supporting our work and many other projects by donating to the Society or becoming a member.