Reply to this topicStart new topic
LA Meltdown, It's HOT!!!
nprev
post Sep 4 2007, 05:56 PM
Post #1

Merciless Robot

Group: Admin
Member No.: 602

I usually don't gripe too much about uncontrollables...but, oh God, is it hot here!!! Thought I'd start a thread for my fellow Angelenos (incl. our heroes @ JPL and of course HQ TPS) to vent just a bit; believe me, they need it.

Was told that today would be cooler...ain't seein' it. sad.gif

--------------------
A few will take this knowledge and use this power of a dream realized as a force for change, an impetus for further discovery to make less ancient dreams real.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
climber
post Sep 4 2007, 06:19 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 682

QUOTE (nprev @ Sep 4 2007, 07:56 PM) *
Thought I'd start a thread for my fellow Angelenos

Don't worry Angelina (and Brad) are currently in France biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
tty
post Sep 4 2007, 06:23 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 273

If it's any consolation we have had a miserably cold and wet summer here in Sweden. The first snow fell in northern Sweden last week and southeasten Sweden recorded the lowest ever August temperatures.
At the momen it's 10 degrees centigrade outside, overcast and drizzling.

It's only to be expected though, when it's cold in North America it's usually warm in Europe and the other way around.

+Quote Post
brellis
post Sep 4 2007, 06:51 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 1700

I'm in Santa Monica, CA roasting like a stuck pig!

+Quote Post
ElkGroveDan
post Sep 4 2007, 06:54 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 197

QUOTE (nprev @ Sep 4 2007, 09:56 AM) *
I usually don't gripe too much about uncontrollables...but, oh God, is it hot here!!!

So go to an air conditioned library and finish your thesis. Do you want to wind up as roofer in Barstow in weather like this? Get going!

--------------------
If Occam had heard my theory, things would be very different now.

+Quote Post
nprev
post Sep 4 2007, 07:31 PM
Post #6

Merciless Robot

Sage advise, sir! smile.gif Actually, gonna walk a few blocks down to an Internet cafe in the Macy's Plaza...

--------------------
A few will take this knowledge and use this power of a dream realized as a force for change, an impetus for further discovery to make less ancient dreams real.

+Quote Post
dvandorn
post Sep 4 2007, 07:53 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 15

Hey, LA isn't the only place that's hot. Here in Minnesota, it's early September and the reading from the outdoor sensor on my indoor/outdoor thermometer right now is 94.1 degrees F.

This is sort of ridiculous for this time of year in Minnesota. I know it's WAY ridiculous in LA, too. But you expect the occasional hot streak in CA going into September. You don't expect it at all here in MN...

-the other Doug

--------------------
“The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right.” -Mark Twain

+Quote Post
djellison
post Sep 4 2007, 07:56 PM
Post #8

Founder

Group: Chairman
Member No.: 1

The UK spent most of the summer 6ft under water - it's been an odd year.

Doug

+Quote Post
climber
post Sep 4 2007, 07:57 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 682

I hope Tau is still ok tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
nprev
post Sep 4 2007, 08:05 PM
Post #10

Merciless Robot

Tau here is 0.000...down to like fifty significant digits. That's the problem, no nice cool marine layer (aka June Gloom).

Gonna take EGD's advice & get out of here, though; my lousy AC just can't keep up with the heat.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tesheiner
post Sep 4 2007, 08:25 PM
Post #11

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 253

Hot, HOT?

C'mon, you should take some vacations here at the sunny Spain to know what can be a hot summer.

But to be fair, this one was quite nice. Here around Madrid we were above 40ºC just a few times, not the whole summer like last year or '05.

+Quote Post
nprev
post Sep 4 2007, 09:42 PM
Post #12

Merciless Robot

Yeah, I'm a wimp, I admit it smile.gif ...sounds pretty harsh, Tesh. Coming from a cold place, always found it easier to get warm when cold rather than vice versa. Right now, I'm about two stories underground & the AC is blasting...aaahhhh!!!! tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
nprev
post Sep 5 2007, 01:06 AM
Post #13

Merciless Robot

Great .Now the local LA CBS news outlet is calling this "Heat Wave '07"...I'm totally tired of moving to places only to experience some sort of record-breaking weather... mad.gif (No kidding; so far I've left tracks in New Jersey, Washington state, Georgia, and Alaska...will warn you all if I move again...)

--------------------

+Quote Post
brellis
post Sep 5 2007, 02:41 AM
Post #14

Member No.: 1700

will warn you all if I move again...
- thanks for the heads up!

My dad escaped from Buffalo, NY leaving behind a large number of relatives. It seemed like every year they got snowed in for weeks at some point. They always sent us mugs: The Blizzard of '77, '78 and so on, hehe tongue.gif

+Quote Post
tedstryk
post Sep 5 2007, 03:21 AM
Post #15

Interplanetary Dumpster Diver

Member No.: 33

Here in Tennessee, it has been over 90 for over a month with no breaks and has been over 100 for a lot of the time. And it hasn't rained. This is very unusual. I flew in yesterday, and it is strange looking down on this area in the summer and having it look, well, brown.

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th June 2024 - 11:01 AM
RULES AND GUIDELINES
Please read the Forum Rules and Guidelines before posting.

IMAGE COPYRIGHT
Images posted on UnmannedSpaceflight.com may be copyrighted. Do not reproduce without permission. Read here for further information on space images and copyright.

OPINIONS AND MODERATION
Opinions expressed on UnmannedSpaceflight.com are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of UnmannedSpaceflight.com or The Planetary Society. The all-volunteer UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderation team is wholly independent of The Planetary Society. The Planetary Society has no influence over decisions made by the UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderators.
SUPPORT THE FORUM
Unmannedspaceflight.com is funded by the Planetary Society. Please consider supporting our work and many other projects by donating to the Society or becoming a member.