post May 12 2010, 09:44 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5339

Hi guys,

I thought you might find this interesting:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35CHx3BHvd0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2Pw2MdtWXQ

Its a real-time rendering from my algorithm, of a DTM of the Melas Chasma basin. Its a 3000x9000 crop of the original data rendered at native resolution (equivalent to 27 million screen-aligned polygons), without polygonization, compression, or data loss.

Kind regards,
Sajid
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Sajid
post May 13 2010, 08:46 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 5339

Ah, I see. I'll have to be more patient. smile.gif

There is also a possibility that people don't quite get the significance of the fact that its not a pre-rendered video, but a demo of interactively exploring very high-resolution planetary data, without having to convert it to a polygon-mesh (which usually loses quite a bit of data). Its as close as we will possibly get to exploring the real thing via the DEM images we have at the moment.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:58 PM
RULES AND GUIDELINES
Please read the Forum Rules and Guidelines before posting.

IMAGE COPYRIGHT
Images posted on UnmannedSpaceflight.com may be copyrighted. Do not reproduce without permission. Read here for further information on space images and copyright.

OPINIONS AND MODERATION
Opinions expressed on UnmannedSpaceflight.com are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of UnmannedSpaceflight.com or The Planetary Society. The all-volunteer UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderation team is wholly independent of The Planetary Society. The Planetary Society has no influence over decisions made by the UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderators.
SUPPORT THE FORUM
Unmannedspaceflight.com is funded by the Planetary Society. Please consider supporting our work and many other projects by donating to the Society or becoming a member.