IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

20 Pages V  « < 18 19 20  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Solander Point, Sol 3387 - 3511 (August 4, 2013 - December 12, 2013)
jvandriel
post Dec 14 2013, 07:34 PM
Post #286

Group: Members
Member No.: 353

Sol 3509-Sol 3510.
The Pancam L7 images stitched together.

Jan van Driel

Attached Image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ngunn
post Dec 16 2013, 08:17 PM
Post #287

Member No.: 542

QUOTE (fredk @ Dec 14 2013, 06:41 AM) *
We couldn't see Tribulation from Victoria

Nice to have that reminder. I was wondering if you could also remind us of how much was/was't visible from the rise around Concepcion? From here on Solander the horizon does look paler and possibly somewhat more distant directly behind Sutherland Point and southern Cape York. If I recall right the plains do rise steadily in that direction.

[Welcome back Tesheiner! smile.gif]

+Quote Post
atomoid
post Dec 16 2013, 10:31 PM
Post #288

Member No.: 196

QUOTE (ngunn @ Dec 16 2013, 12:17 PM) *
Nice to have that reminder. I was wondering if you could also remind us of how much was/was't visible from the rise around Concepcion? From here on Solander the horizon does look paler and possibly somewhat more distant directly behind Sutherland Point and southern Cape York. If I recall right the plains do rise steadily in that direction.

if using Tesheiner's google earth kmz as an elevation guide we should have seen it around Mackinack 2024 as well since that even looks higher than the Conception area. though I ran out of time and cant look further..

+Quote Post
fredk
post Dec 17 2013, 01:00 AM
Post #289

Member No.: 152

The "Distant vistas" thread is a good place to look for first sightings. I don't think we could see Solander from Concepcion. There's a good inverse-polar showing what we could see here.

The first mention I know of of Solander was in this post. But it was barely visible a bit earlier, on sol 2269:
http://marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov/gallery/all...16P2445L6M1.JPG

Anyway, this suggests that once we get up onto the first main hill of Solander to our south, we may be able to see clear across something like 10 km of plains to the west... pancam.gif

+Quote Post
HughFromAlice
post Dec 26 2013, 11:19 PM
Post #290

Member No.: 3989

Happy Christmas and New Year everyone rolleyes.gif

Over Christmas I made a movie which I think you guys might like: -

Opportunity Rover: 6 Month Journey On Meridiani Planum Mars June-Dec13 [Movie From Haz Cam Pics]
http://youtu.be/I0xUEyMIvBI

Of course, following things here made it so much easier to make the movie. Thanks guys - love your high standards. And map makers like ET, I hope you like my little moving tracking map idea!

Must get back into making a few posts huh.gif . Hugh

+Quote Post
monty python
post Dec 27 2013, 07:43 AM
Post #291

Member No.: 692

WOW. just WOW!

thank you!!!!!!!!

+Quote Post
TheAnt
post Dec 27 2013, 04:55 PM
Post #292

Member No.: 6336

Thank you, nice slideshow. (The soundtrack I could have done without though.)
It is funny how the trek of this little rover have affected me, since when I watched the youtube file - I considered it to be familiar surroundings.
Just as much as the images I did browse trough yesterday taken in one environment that at least superficially is quite similar - but that I have physically visited.

+Quote Post
craigmcg
post Dec 27 2013, 04:58 PM
Post #293

Member No.: 336

A great Christmas present for us all! Thanks.

+Quote Post
Tesheiner
post Jan 22 2014, 09:06 PM
Post #294

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 253

Given that our rover is currently on its winter campaign we thought it appropriate to have a dedicate thread to that and move several posts there.

Winter campaign at Cook Haven is the currently active thread so posts should be done there, unless it is related with something before sol 3512 in which case this is still the proper place.

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  « < 18 19 20
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 05:52 AM
RULES AND GUIDELINES
Please read the Forum Rules and Guidelines before posting.

IMAGE COPYRIGHT
Images posted on UnmannedSpaceflight.com may be copyrighted. Do not reproduce without permission. Read here for further information on space images and copyright.

OPINIONS AND MODERATION
Opinions expressed on UnmannedSpaceflight.com are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of UnmannedSpaceflight.com or The Planetary Society. The all-volunteer UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderation team is wholly independent of The Planetary Society. The Planetary Society has no influence over decisions made by the UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderators.
SUPPORT THE FORUM
Unmannedspaceflight.com is funded by the Planetary Society. Please consider supporting our work and many other projects by donating to the Society or becoming a member.