Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bill Harris
post Aug 7 2006, 11:12 AM
Post #62

Group: Members
Member No.: 105

Here is an update on the scale MER I'm working on:

The scale model Rover progresses. There will be well over 700 individual parts to the model (the "curse" of having many close-up photos) so it's taking a great deal of time just getting the parts ready to install.

I'm also planning to retire in September; I've been busy ending my 27-year involvement in my "day job" and handing it over to my sucessor. I'll have more time in a couple of months to work on the model! I've also been developing a couple of side businesses to supplement my pension, so my time has especially been at a premium.

--Bill

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pertinax
post Aug 8 2006, 12:05 PM
Post #63

Group: Members
Member No.: 181

QUOTE (Bill Harris @ Aug 7 2006, 07:12 AM) *
Here is an update on the scale MER I'm working on:

Thank you for the update! I (and certainly a host of others) look forward to seeing your end result. Congratulations on your retirement and good luck with your businesses!

Cheers,

-- Pertinax

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:22 PM
RULES AND GUIDELINES
Please read the Forum Rules and Guidelines before posting.

IMAGE COPYRIGHT
Images posted on UnmannedSpaceflight.com may be copyrighted. Do not reproduce without permission. Read here for further information on space images and copyright.

OPINIONS AND MODERATION
Opinions expressed on UnmannedSpaceflight.com are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of UnmannedSpaceflight.com or The Planetary Society. The all-volunteer UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderation team is wholly independent of The Planetary Society. The Planetary Society has no influence over decisions made by the UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderators.
SUPPORT THE FORUM
Unmannedspaceflight.com is funded by the Planetary Society. Please consider supporting our work and many other projects by donating to the Society or becoming a member.