Reply to this topicStart new topic
New Horizons at Europa
JRehling
post Apr 2 2007, 09:50 PM
Post #46

Group: Members
Member No.: 321

QUOTE (djellison @ Apr 2 2007, 02:35 PM) *
Major major kudos to Alan, John and Space Enthusiast Richard Hendricks...don't know if I should be, but I'm sort of proud of that image.

DOug

Well, it probably wouldn't be there without your efforts in launching the board.

I think it's an inspiration in that, inasmuch as engineering this missions is a devilishly complex matter at lots of stages, some worthwhile results can come from an easily accessible level of knowledge. It's a nasty engineering process that doesn't recognize the difference and be open to the second. That's the message behind a lot of the ESA-directed complaints on this board, and of the downtrodden throughout history. The cry of the unrecognized talent saying, "Hey, I can do this!"

It's a great image for that reason and for the reasons the retina sees immediately. It's got a little of that Apollo 8 earthrise feel for me.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
john_s
post Apr 3 2007, 04:08 AM
Post #47

Member No.: 117

Yes, thanks to Doug, UMSF and Hendric in particular for making this possible! The LORRI image that goes along with this should be equally spectacular, of course, though I don't think we get that down for a while. Especially cool for me personally is the fact that the picture was taken on my 50th birthday.

Thanks too to Emily for her nice writeup on her blog.

This is such a great community we have here- I'm proud to be a part of it.

John.

+Quote Post
martin peters
post Apr 3 2007, 06:19 AM
Post #48

Member No.: 1790

QUOTE (john_s @ Apr 3 2007, 04:08 AM) *
Especially cool for me personally is the fact that the picture was taken on my 50th birthday.

Happy birthday, john_s. A significant milestone, but your peak is yet to come. Keep going strong! wheel.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_John Flushing_*
post May 2 2007, 12:52 AM
Post #49

Guests

QUOTE (helvick @ April 2nd 2007, 02:10 PM) *
Nice. I hope you are getting lots of copies to show folks. Magical.

I myself have been printing copies of that picture to show to my friends. It is very beautiful in my opinion.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:55 PM
RULES AND GUIDELINES
Please read the Forum Rules and Guidelines before posting.

IMAGE COPYRIGHT
Images posted on UnmannedSpaceflight.com may be copyrighted. Do not reproduce without permission. Read here for further information on space images and copyright.

OPINIONS AND MODERATION
Opinions expressed on UnmannedSpaceflight.com are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of UnmannedSpaceflight.com or The Planetary Society. The all-volunteer UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderation team is wholly independent of The Planetary Society. The Planetary Society has no influence over decisions made by the UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderators.
SUPPORT THE FORUM
Unmannedspaceflight.com is funded by the Planetary Society. Please consider supporting our work and many other projects by donating to the Society or becoming a member.