Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Phoenix Page, page load error
alan
post Oct 18 2008, 12:47 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 110

I've been having an odd problem accessing the Phoenix page. If I use one of my bookmarks I often get a page load error. But for some reason if I click on a link someone has posted this one for example http://phoenix.lpl.arizona.edu/images/gallery/lg_34652.jpg it works fine. Anyone else having similar problems?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
imipak
post Oct 18 2008, 01:06 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 617

What URL does your bookmark point to? Do you get a web server error page, or one from your browser? If so what does it say?

--------------------
--
Viva software libre!

+Quote Post
alan
post Oct 18 2008, 01:41 AM
Post #3

I usually use this one http://phoenix.lpl.arizona.edu/ its working now.
For some reason following someone's link to an image sometimes corrects the problem.
IIRC it said Firefox can't find the server at phoenix.lpl.arizona.edu
I haven't tried IE after the problem occurs to see if its the browser.

+Quote Post
tanjent
post Oct 18 2008, 03:00 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 628

FWIW Alan, I have encountered this problem many times with Firefox - not necessarily for that specific page but for quite a wide selection of pages. It is very quick to give up; in fact it often seems to me that the "give up" time is so instantaneous that it can't really be awaiting a response from the targeted site or even from the DNS server. For this reason I suspect that the "Firefox can't find the server" condition is internally generated by the program rather than an indication of some external circumstance on the net. That said, if I refresh a couple of times, it usually solves the problem.

+Quote Post
stevesliva
post Oct 18 2008, 12:24 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 530

There is a TryAgain plugin for firefox that you can configure to try reloading failed pages at 3 second intervals. If you're heavy on tabbed browsing, like myself, you'll find that it tries to load a page a few times before you get back to its tab.

+Quote Post
alan
post Oct 18 2008, 04:37 PM
Post #6

Actually this problem hasn't be confined to firefox, I've seen it happen with MMB a few times which is particularly annoying because it still searches the entire folder for the metadata even if nothing was downloaded.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 12:27 PM
RULES AND GUIDELINES
Please read the Forum Rules and Guidelines before posting.

IMAGE COPYRIGHT
Images posted on UnmannedSpaceflight.com may be copyrighted. Do not reproduce without permission. Read here for further information on space images and copyright.

OPINIONS AND MODERATION
Opinions expressed on UnmannedSpaceflight.com are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of UnmannedSpaceflight.com or The Planetary Society. The all-volunteer UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderation team is wholly independent of The Planetary Society. The Planetary Society has no influence over decisions made by the UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderators.
SUPPORT THE FORUM
Unmannedspaceflight.com is funded by the Planetary Society. Please consider supporting our work and many other projects by donating to the Society or becoming a member.