IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
endeavour travel animation?
Guest_cassioli_*
post May 24 2010, 07:00 AM
Post #1

Guests

Does it exist an animation of endeavour approach from when it appeared far on the horizon to now?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
djellison
post May 24 2010, 07:02 AM
Post #2

Founder

Group: Chairman
Member No.: 1

Yes. What you have to do is go to this thread - http://www.unmannedspaceflight.com/index.php?showtopic=6438 - and then look at all the pictures in it, really quickly.

+Quote Post
Guest_cassioli_*
post May 24 2010, 07:59 AM
Post #3

Guests

Full inline quotes are rarely funny - Admin

funny. huh.gif I have diarrhea. unsure.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_Oersted_*
post May 25 2010, 07:00 PM
Post #4

Guests

Nor are continuously dour and acidic comments...

+Quote Post
dot.dk
post May 25 2010, 08:42 PM
Post #5

Group: Members
Member No.: 107

I recall that there is a pancam image (and maybe also navcam) taken after each drive for some time now used for excactly that purpose. Can't remember right now for how long it has been done and havn't seen a combined sequence yet.

So I think it is a valid question cassioli is asking. Will be really cool to watch in full length cool.gif

--------------------
"I want to make as many people as possible feel like they are part of this adventure. We are going to give everybody a sense of what exploring the surface of another world is really like"
- Steven Squyres

+Quote Post
ngunn
post May 25 2010, 10:24 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 542

QUOTE (Oersted @ May 25 2010, 08:00 PM) *
Nor are continuously dour and acidic comments...

If I had to do what Doug does (for free) I'd get grumpy too. In fact I think my pH would be about 1 by now. It's not continuous: he has occasional happy days. smile.gif Sometimes, I admit, I feel the urge to send him a bottle of wine or a box of chocolates or a postcard or something - but I never get round to it.

ADMIN: He has helpers you know....

+Quote Post
Tesheiner
post May 26 2010, 05:47 AM
Post #7

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 253

QUOTE (dot.dk @ May 25 2010, 10:42 PM) *
I recall that there is a pancam image (and maybe also navcam) taken after each drive for some time now used for excactly that purpose. Can't remember right now for how long it has been done and havn't seen a combined sequence yet.

Actually is a navcam sequence taken after every drive since, let's see ... sol 1659. A color pancam "movie" was started few weeks ago too but there're only a few shots for the time being.
Again regarding the navcam movie, the sequence ID of the pictures is P1994 if anyone wants to pick them and make the movie, in other words all images named "1NxxxxxxxxxEFFxxxxP1994L0M1"

+Quote Post
fredk
post May 26 2010, 02:05 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 152

I count about 100 frames so far in the navcam movie. It would be easy to combine them as is, but I'd like to level each frame, which would be a tremendous amount of work.

And just a reminder for anyone thinking about this that the right navcam frames are considerably cleaner than the left. Compare these two for example:
http://marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov/gallery/all...DJP0693L0M2.JPG
http://marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov/gallery/all...DJP0693R0M2.JPG

+Quote Post
CosmicRocker
post May 27 2010, 06:21 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 116

Yeah, those horizons really jump around. Leveling and aligning them would be a ton of work. But if anyone wants to give it a try, I would suggest an earlier version of Midnight Mars Browser as a way to quickly grab the appropriate images. Version 1.5.x will allow one to filter a slide show set by sequence number and then export them all to the directory/folder of your choice. I took a quick look through them tonight and found mostly left navcams in the set. I wonder why that would be. It appears that the navcam sequence P1994 goes back to sol 115, but most of them are more recent. The pancam sequence looks like this in the database...
CODE
Sol   Seq.Ver  ETH ESF EDN EFF ERP Tot  Description
----- -------- --- --- --- --- --- ---- -----------
02224 p2419.24 0   0   0   6   1   7    pancam_Endeavour_movie_2x1_L257

--------------------
...Tom

I'm not a Space Fan, I'm a Space Exploration Enthusiast.

+Quote Post
fredk
post May 27 2010, 02:13 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 152

Oh that's right, I forgot that the navcam movie frames are L0. I guess they didn't need stereo for the horizon movie, so they took only left channel. Unfortunate for us since the L0 jpegs are grainy, but of course they've got the clean originals (and we will too in time).

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:14 AM
RULES AND GUIDELINES
Please read the Forum Rules and Guidelines before posting.

IMAGE COPYRIGHT
Images posted on UnmannedSpaceflight.com may be copyrighted. Do not reproduce without permission. Read here for further information on space images and copyright.

OPINIONS AND MODERATION
Opinions expressed on UnmannedSpaceflight.com are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of UnmannedSpaceflight.com or The Planetary Society. The all-volunteer UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderation team is wholly independent of The Planetary Society. The Planetary Society has no influence over decisions made by the UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderators.
SUPPORT THE FORUM
Unmannedspaceflight.com is funded by the Planetary Society. Please consider supporting our work and many other projects by donating to the Society or becoming a member.