Reply to this topicStart new topic
Python people ?
vk3ukf
post May 24 2009, 12:57 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3991

Hi, I recently discovered python,

I was wondering if anyone here dapples in the same?

It's just in case I get stuck, I'll know I have somewhere to look to, while I scratch my head.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jekbradbury
post May 24 2009, 11:33 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 4172

Yep...I've been a Pythoner for years and have never looked back smile.gif

+Quote Post
vk3ukf
post May 27 2009, 06:26 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 3991

Hi jekbradbury, thanks for saying hi, I believe you too.

I want to try and wrangle some FITs py code into a Delphi GUI.

+Quote Post
Ryan Balfanz
post Jun 17 2009, 08:52 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 4807

I have been writing all my code in Python for about a year now. Pre-Python I was a Fortran 90/95 coder and C/C++ when I had to be.

I am very glad I (somewhat reluctantly) made the switch. I don't think I'll ever look back. For those of you unaware of Python's abilities check out 'Python' by XKCD. Although it is meant to be comical it clearly illustrates the Python's power - mainly due to its large standard library. It is also worth noting that if its not in the standard library, someone somewhere has probably already written the code for you. Do a good search and you won't reinvent the wheel.

For more information relating to Python's standard library check out Doug Hellmann's Python Module of the Week. It is a fantastic resource for experienced Python developers or those just getting started.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st May 2024 - 06:19 PM
RULES AND GUIDELINES
Please read the Forum Rules and Guidelines before posting.

IMAGE COPYRIGHT
Images posted on UnmannedSpaceflight.com may be copyrighted. Do not reproduce without permission. Read here for further information on space images and copyright.

OPINIONS AND MODERATION
Opinions expressed on UnmannedSpaceflight.com are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of UnmannedSpaceflight.com or The Planetary Society. The all-volunteer UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderation team is wholly independent of The Planetary Society. The Planetary Society has no influence over decisions made by the UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderators.
SUPPORT THE FORUM
Unmannedspaceflight.com is funded by the Planetary Society. Please consider supporting our work and many other projects by donating to the Society or becoming a member.