Reply to this topicStart new topic
Mercury mosaics from January 2008 Flyby
scalbers
post Jul 26 2008, 05:17 PM
Post #46

Group: Members
Member No.: 184

QUOTE (Bjorn Jonsson @ Jul 17 2008, 01:07 AM) *
My software can do this and in retrospect this was a fairly easy feature to add - in general, considerably easier than e.g. the the Galileo and Cassini calibration stuff (but very different of course). Maybe I should clean it up a bit and release it...

Hi - I've also mentioned the IDL/GDL option in this updated thread that can theoretically work for this:

http://www.unmannedspaceflight.com/index.p...mp;#entry121476

...and as of 7/31/2008 I've posted the latest experiment with Gordan's mosaic. Perhaps this will do until I can work with the individual images or a navigated mosaic.

http://laps.noaa.gov/albers/sos/sos.html#MERCURY

Steve
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
peter59
post Aug 1 2008, 12:35 PM
Post #47

Member No.: 299

New.
Flyby Visualization Tools.
Mercury flyby 1, Planned and Actual Images.

--------------------
Free software for planetary science (including Cassini Image Viewer).
http://members.tripod.com/petermasek/marinerall.html

+Quote Post
scalbers
post Aug 1 2008, 10:50 PM
Post #48

Member No.: 184

Nice feature with the imagery that looks like an extension of the ongoing flyby animation tool.

It's good that it has things like the image center lat/lon as well as image number and range. I'd also be interested to find out some other details like the spacecraft sub-point lat/lon. A link to a full-sized version of the image would be really nice if that could be implemented. That's all I ask laugh.gif

--------------------
Steve [ my home page and planetary maps page ]

+Quote Post
elakdawalla
post Aug 1 2008, 11:06 PM
Post #49

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 454

You don't ask much rolleyes.gif

I do plan to do my usual treatment on these images but I am still working on the latest Cassini release -- I'm a bit behind.

--Emily

--------------------
My website - My Patreon - @elakdawalla on Twitter - Please support unmannedspaceflight.com by donating here.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 11:57 AM
RULES AND GUIDELINES
Please read the Forum Rules and Guidelines before posting.

IMAGE COPYRIGHT
Images posted on UnmannedSpaceflight.com may be copyrighted. Do not reproduce without permission. Read here for further information on space images and copyright.

OPINIONS AND MODERATION
Opinions expressed on UnmannedSpaceflight.com are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of UnmannedSpaceflight.com or The Planetary Society. The all-volunteer UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderation team is wholly independent of The Planetary Society. The Planetary Society has no influence over decisions made by the UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderators.
SUPPORT THE FORUM
Unmannedspaceflight.com is funded by the Planetary Society. Please consider supporting our work and many other projects by donating to the Society or becoming a member.