Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
BBC Radio on MERs
ngunn
post Nov 22 2006, 07:45 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 542

Short notice I know but BBC Radio 4's 'Frontiers' programme at 9 p.m. tonight (in about an hour's time) is on the rovers, and the future of robotic exploration. Not expecting revelations but sometimes they have an interesting slant on things.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
paxdan
post Nov 22 2006, 08:15 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 221

BBC Radio 4 link to audio

+Quote Post
Shaka
post Nov 22 2006, 09:45 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 618

Many thanks, brothers, for the timely tip off! I clicked on the link, and the program started about 40 seconds later. smile.gif
A polished, broad appreciation of the MERs in particular, and NASAs exploration programs in general.
Of course the medium of radio has its limitations - I would have liked to see a video version - but anything that gets the message out to the masses (or sections thereof) is a step forward. The current public image of NASA gear as the "Energizer Bunnies" of space has come a long way from past views of exploding rockets and crashing probes. Lets hope the positive image is the dominant one from now on!

--------------------
My Grandpa goes to Mars every day and all I get are these lousy T-shirts!

+Quote Post
CryptoEngineer
post Nov 28 2006, 09:29 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 803

For those who missed the first broadcast, it is available for a week
from the BBC's 'Listen Again' feature.

BBC Radio science shows

Click on 'Frontiers'.

CE

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:40 PM
RULES AND GUIDELINES
Please read the Forum Rules and Guidelines before posting.

IMAGE COPYRIGHT
Images posted on UnmannedSpaceflight.com may be copyrighted. Do not reproduce without permission. Read here for further information on space images and copyright.

OPINIONS AND MODERATION
Opinions expressed on UnmannedSpaceflight.com are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of UnmannedSpaceflight.com or The Planetary Society. The all-volunteer UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderation team is wholly independent of The Planetary Society. The Planetary Society has no influence over decisions made by the UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderators.
SUPPORT THE FORUM
Unmannedspaceflight.com is funded by the Planetary Society. Please consider supporting our work and many other projects by donating to the Society or becoming a member.