+Quote Post
pospa
post Jan 5 2012, 12:57 PM
Post #242

Group: Members
Member No.: 5979

Rally wonderful, SLord !

If I may just two notes:
- the whole picture seems to be a little bit grainy or fuzzy on my screen compare to previous sharp renderings
- the USA flag on RAT cable cover is out of scale - bigger then suppose to be -> only stripes are visible

Otherwise, as I said - marvelous job !
Thanks for your patience and skils, it is real joy to watch your outputs. smile.gif

Edit: please ignore my second note, when I read your comments more carefully I realized you know it already - sorry
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
scooterlord
post Jan 5 2012, 01:35 PM
Post #243

Member No.: 1097

@pospa... The render is a bit grainy because it needed many more hours to clear up. A render is considered to be grainy clear after its sampling rate reaches 20. This render's rate is 17.5 after 20 hours of rendering. These are just test renders, when it is finalized I will let it render all the way.. Hopefully it will take less than a week for one render.

In this render besides the flag, a few more things went wrong, like the white caps of the turning motors, they were supposed to be reflective, now fixed. I also corrected a few other minor things. Rendering atm the other side of the base of the idd.. Coming soon... wink.gif

--------------------
Highly Detailed3D Models on my site:

http://www.nicksotiriadis.gr

+Quote Post
ElkGroveDan
post Jan 5 2012, 02:22 PM
Post #244

Group: Admin
Member No.: 197

Breathtaking.

--------------------
If Occam had heard my theory, things would be very different now.

+Quote Post
Pertinax
post Jan 5 2012, 06:21 PM
Post #245

Member No.: 181

Continued stunning work. I admire your patience and attention to detail.

Thank you for bringing us along for the ride! You honor well the Spirit of the MER project.

-- Pertinax

+Quote Post
Leither
post Jan 5 2012, 08:14 PM
Post #246

Member No.: 1002

Just when you think it can't get better - another stunning render to drool over!!

Absolutely amazed at the detail to be seen. I especially like the view into the alpha/x-ray spectrometer (APXS) - so pleased you left the dust doors open!! wink.gif

+Quote Post
James Sorenson
post Jan 5 2012, 08:29 PM
Post #247

Member No.: 3988

You went to Mars and swiped Oppys arm...You must have!! laugh.gif

That is just really amazing work Scooter. Amazing job smile.gif

I always look forward to seeing your work.

+Quote Post
stevesliva
post Jan 5 2012, 08:49 PM
Post #248

Member No.: 530

Just incredible.

+Quote Post
scooterlord
post Jan 6 2012, 10:36 AM
Post #249

Good morning again, with a new render...

There a few artifacts again, the film of the moessbauer, a dark ring at the back of the base of the idd, a few non-reflective surfaces on the rat, the small film of the microimager... I know.. unfortunately I messed with the camera view and didn't save the file so I couldn't fix the errors for this particular render, they are fixed for future renders though...

I will probably start texturing the wheels-rocker bogie next, probably starting tomorrow. I'll let it render another angle in the meantime to post, a smaller render this time to have it ready today...

--------------------

+Quote Post
PFK
post Jan 6 2012, 01:17 PM
Post #250

Member No.: 4121

One look at it and bang went my "no swearing" New Year's resolution rolleyes.gif
Amazing.

+Quote Post
pospa
post Jan 6 2012, 02:04 PM
Post #251

Member No.: 5979

QUOTE (scooterlord @ Jan 6 2012, 11:36 AM) *
Good morning again, with a new render... There a few artifacts again, ...

Scooterlord, its lovely anyway, as always . I love those scratches and surface roughness from manufacturing. rolleyes.gif

Would be possible to try softer light source by next test renders in order to prevent overburn of some shiny surfaces?
Strings holding RAT cables are kind of transparent whereas by other places they seems to be white. Is it on purpose or by mistake?
Thanks

+Quote Post
scooterlord
post Jan 6 2012, 02:39 PM
Post #252

hey there.. yes, I will try to tone down the light source (the sun in this case). It's just a box with holes in the sides... doing a render again atm, so from the next one. I encountered a strange artifact (again!) but I think I know now why corruption occurs, will have to do a few tests again..

...as for the strings, yes, I noticed it myself, it's probably the angle that shows them this way, other than that I prefer the slight transparent view than the other... good observation though..

edit: as for the strings, if you notice closer, for example the moessbauer, the bottom string is transparent, the material seems to be ok, so it's definately the angle. Let alone that on the rat, the light source falls directly on it and the surface below the string is very reflective and it reflects through it. Currently I have the transparency of the strings set to 70% - considering it's double sided.

so, here is the close-up of the base of the idd. hope you like it as well..

next render will be of the rocker-bogie.. once I am done with it that is..

--------------------

+Quote Post
ilbasso
post Jan 6 2012, 04:53 PM
Post #253

Member No.: 103

Now try it with a patina of iron-oxide dust...

Simply incredible! I remember back in the early 1970's when computer graphics were just starting to move out of the "overstruck line printer" mode. (Does anyone here remember the Mona Lisa rendered by a PDP-8 on a line printer?) How far we've come!

--------------------
Jonathan Ward
Manning the LCC at http://www.apollolaunchcontrol.com

+Quote Post
hendric
post Jan 6 2012, 05:02 PM
Post #254

Director of Galilean Photography

Member No.: 93

Scooter,
Are you saving the camera orientations when you do these awesome renders? It would be awesome to take one of the older untextured renders, and fade in the exact same scene with textures (even partial).

Thank you for this work!

--------------------
Space Enthusiast Richard Hendricks
--
"The engineers, as usual, made a tremendous fuss. Again as usual, they did the job in half the time they had dismissed as being absolutely impossible." --Rescue Party, Arthur C Clarke
Mother Nature is the final inspector of all quality.

+Quote Post
scooterlord
post Jan 6 2012, 06:28 PM
Post #255

Unforunately not, but many of my backup saves consist of the exact render views. I say again, these are just test renders, haven't played with lighting, with camera dof, nothing yet. As soon as I finalize the whole thing, I'll do 3d renders (red-blue that is), part textured, part not, whatever you want. I'll see if I have a good camera view of the above renders to photoshop textured/not textured ver...

edit: well, uhm, here it is, FULL HD wallpaper size (1920x1080)...

--------------------

+Quote Post

32 Pages V  « < 15 16 17 18 19 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 04:19 AM
RULES AND GUIDELINES
Please read the Forum Rules and Guidelines before posting.

IMAGE COPYRIGHT
Images posted on UnmannedSpaceflight.com may be copyrighted. Do not reproduce without permission. Read here for further information on space images and copyright.

OPINIONS AND MODERATION
Opinions expressed on UnmannedSpaceflight.com are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of UnmannedSpaceflight.com or The Planetary Society. The all-volunteer UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderation team is wholly independent of The Planetary Society. The Planetary Society has no influence over decisions made by the UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderators.
SUPPORT THE FORUM
Unmannedspaceflight.com is funded by the Planetary Society. Please consider supporting our work and many other projects by donating to the Society or becoming a member.