Reply to this topicStart new topic
Heading Out, Two weeks away
djellison
post Nov 16 2005, 09:15 AM
Post #1

Founder

Group: Chairman
Member No.: 1

Right - time to pack and head out to the airport for two weeks away - I doubt I'll have the chance to check in while I'm away ( and actually the idea of two weeks away from the 'net all together is quite appealing! ) - first holiday in > 3 years so I'm very much looking forward to it. If you live within about 100 miles of Malaga, look out for the stupid Brit in a Clio driving on the wrong side of the road smile.gif

Nico (nix) is the man to speak to if you have any trouble - and Jason, Bjorn, Michael and Alan are the Moderating team. Panic not - steps are in place to make sure that the place is backed up regularly in my absence.

So, be good, be creative, be whatever it is you've been for the last 2 years that makes this place so great and I'll see you in a couple of weeks!!

Doug
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
chris
post Nov 16 2005, 10:41 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 135

Have fun smile.gif

If we happen to have a party while you're away we'll try to ensure we get the stains out of the carpet before you return...

Chris

+Quote Post
RNeuhaus
post Nov 16 2005, 02:15 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 385

QUOTE (djellison @ Nov 16 2005, 04:15 AM)
If you live within about 100 miles of Malaga, look out for the stupid Brit in a Clio driving on the wrong side of the road smile.gif

Sure, watch on both sides before crossing the street!!!It was the crasiest thing that I have benn when I visited in London. Before crossing the street, stop and watch both ways. My brain does not work like to britons. Your case, the driving, your brain must be processing at the twice speed with your Hazcam pancam.gif turned up in advance.

Rodolfo

+Quote Post
odave
post Nov 16 2005, 02:30 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 209

It helps to have two people in the car. When a buddy and I were tooling around Ireland some years ago, the passenger would always shout "left-left-left" when we were making a turn. Apart from some spactacular swerving when turning onto O'Connell Street Bridge in crowded downtown Dublin, we pretty much had it down after two days smile.gif

Have fun Doug, you deserve the break. Send us a post card!

--------------------
--O'Dave

+Quote Post
dot.dk
post Nov 16 2005, 02:55 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 107

QUOTE (chris @ Nov 16 2005, 10:41 AM)
Have fun smile.gif

If we happen to have a party while you're away we'll try to ensure we get the stains out of the carpet before you return...

Chris

I think chances for a party in about 4 days is very high biggrin.gif

Something about a certain rover and the number 669... rolleyes.gif

--------------------
"I want to make as many people as possible feel like they are part of this adventure. We are going to give everybody a sense of what exploring the surface of another world is really like"
- Steven Squyres

+Quote Post
elakdawalla
post Nov 16 2005, 03:40 PM
Post #6

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 454

QUOTE (odave @ Nov 16 2005, 07:30 AM)
It helps to have two people in the car.  When a buddy and I were tooling around Ireland some years ago, the passenger would always shout "left-left-left" when we were making a turn.  Apart from some spactacular swerving when turning onto O'Connell Street Bridge in crowded downtown Dublin, we pretty much had it down after two days smile.gif
I chanted "left, left, left, left, left..." the whole time I drove a rented car in Australia. Actually I did pretty well -- but I kept on turning on my windshield wipers instead of my turn signals!

Have a terriffic time Doug, you deserve the break! --Emily

--------------------
My website - My Patreon - @elakdawalla on Twitter - Please support unmannedspaceflight.com by donating here.

+Quote Post
Tesheiner
post Nov 16 2005, 04:41 PM
Post #7

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 253

... and don't forget to enjoy spanish "tapas", "paella", "jamón" and all those great dishes.

+Quote Post
ElkGroveDan
post Nov 16 2005, 07:29 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 197

QUOTE (chris @ Nov 16 2005, 10:41 AM)

Someone should send him a message while he's away noting that we created an "A1ien Abducti*n" section of the forum and it's getting lots of attention and plenty of new members.

--------------------
If Occam had heard my theory, things would be very different now.

+Quote Post
dvandorn
post Nov 16 2005, 07:42 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 15

QUOTE (chris @ Nov 16 2005, 04:41 AM)

Time of your life, eh, kid?

-the other Doug

--------------------
“The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right.” -Mark Twain

+Quote Post
odave
post Nov 16 2005, 07:48 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 209

smile.gif

I'll get my Bob Seeger CD. Who wants to dance in their skivvies?

--------------------
--O'Dave

+Quote Post
chris
post Nov 17 2005, 10:07 AM
Post #11

Member No.: 135

QUOTE (dvandorn @ Nov 16 2005, 07:42 PM)
Time of your life, eh, kid?

Its a long time since I've been called that smile.gif

My father has the right approach - at the age of 80, he says he never actually grew up, and is a "tired child".

Chris

+Quote Post
Bob Shaw
post Nov 17 2005, 07:50 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 239

QUOTE (ElkGroveDan @ Nov 16 2005, 08:29 PM)
Someone should send him a message while he's away noting that we created an "A1ien Abducti*n" section of the forum and it's getting lots of attention and plenty of new members.

PMSL!

Bob Shaw

--------------------
Remember: Time Flies like the wind - but Fruit Flies like bananas!

+Quote Post
helvick
post Nov 18 2005, 02:15 AM
Post #13

Dublin Correspondent

Member No.: 220

QUOTE (odave @ Nov 16 2005, 03:30 PM)
When a buddy and I were tooling around Ireland some years ago, the passenger would always shout "left-left-left" when we were making a turn.  Apart from some spactacular swerving when turning onto O'Connell Street Bridge in crowded downtown Dublin, we pretty much had it down after two days smile.gif

Sounds like my morning commute. Spectacular swerving around the intersection at O'Connell St and the Quays is about par for the course for any poor sap who as to do that on a daily basis. I don't have to deal with that particular lunacy but having spent 10 years in Africa I still have difficulties coming to terms with the level of chaos that is accepted as normal driving here in Ireland.

+Quote Post
Bill Harris
post Nov 18 2005, 04:56 AM
Post #14

Member No.: 105

>Someone should send him a message while he's away noting that we created an "A1ien Abducti*n" section of the forum...

Let's create that new section and surprise him. I know where the Menu is hidden... wink.gif

--Bill

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nix
post Nov 18 2005, 08:41 PM
Post #15

Chief Assistant

Member No.: 136

Arggghhhlllll....tempting.

Be good now wink.gif

Nico

--------------------
photographer, space imagery enthusiast, proud father and partner, and geek.

http://500px.com/sacred-photons &

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 08:49 PM
RULES AND GUIDELINES
Please read the Forum Rules and Guidelines before posting.

IMAGE COPYRIGHT
Images posted on UnmannedSpaceflight.com may be copyrighted. Do not reproduce without permission. Read here for further information on space images and copyright.

OPINIONS AND MODERATION
Opinions expressed on UnmannedSpaceflight.com are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of UnmannedSpaceflight.com or The Planetary Society. The all-volunteer UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderation team is wholly independent of The Planetary Society. The Planetary Society has no influence over decisions made by the UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderators.
SUPPORT THE FORUM
Unmannedspaceflight.com is funded by the Planetary Society. Please consider supporting our work and many other projects by donating to the Society or becoming a member.