Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Juno perijove 27, June 2, 2020
Bjorn Jonsson
post Jun 7 2020, 10:47 PM
Post #1

IMG to PNG GOD

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 38

Many (but not all) of the images from perijove 27 are now available. This is image PJ27_36 in approximately true color/contrast and enhanced versions:

Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image

North is to the left in the last two images but in the other images north is up.

An interesting feature in the last image is the long, narrow and slightly wavy red band running from upper right down to the bottom of the image a bit left of center (it is also visible in the true color/contrast version but it's not as conspicuous there). The visual impression is that this is transparent, reddish haze and that the clouds below the haze band can be seen through the haze. It will be interesting to see what's happening farther west (down in the image) but the images showing this are not yet available at the time of this writing.

The enhanced images are a bit experimental. Compared to what I usually do, I'm using a somewhat different method to increase the contrast and exaggerate color differences. Also I'm now using DeNoise AI from Topaz Labs to reduce noise and sharpen the images. This is an awesome tool in most cases but one must be careful not to overprocess the images. There are also some 'types' of images where it doesn't work well - I tried using it to process a very noisy grayscale Galileo image of Europa with horrible results. But I've been getting great results so far with the JunoCam images - far better than in e.g. Photoshop.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Brian Swift
post Jun 28 2020, 11:22 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 8250

PJ27 Flyover on YouTube https://youtu.be/lLMlnbCYVoI
Or if you'd like version without YouTube re-encoding, from this google drive link
you can download 3840x1600 x.265/HEVC version. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QUeEzlotqM...3ATovzySLHQo1dq
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:41 AM
RULES AND GUIDELINES
Please read the Forum Rules and Guidelines before posting.

IMAGE COPYRIGHT
Images posted on UnmannedSpaceflight.com may be copyrighted. Do not reproduce without permission. Read here for further information on space images and copyright.

OPINIONS AND MODERATION
Opinions expressed on UnmannedSpaceflight.com are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of UnmannedSpaceflight.com or The Planetary Society. The all-volunteer UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderation team is wholly independent of The Planetary Society. The Planetary Society has no influence over decisions made by the UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderators.
SUPPORT THE FORUM
Unmannedspaceflight.com is funded by the Planetary Society. Please consider supporting our work and many other projects by donating to the Society or becoming a member.