IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
MRO Gallery - "Alien Landscapes" theme posters, Postprocessed and Artificially Colorized Orbiter Views
remcook
post Oct 2 2009, 08:29 AM
Post #16

Rover Driver

Group: Members
Member No.: 47

Just stunning!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ustrax
post Oct 2 2009, 09:43 AM
Post #17

Special Cookie

Member No.: 228

Dear Nirgal...Obrigado! smile.gif

--------------------
"Ride, boldly ride," The shade replied, "If you seek for Eldorado!"
Edgar Alan Poe

+Quote Post
djellison
post Oct 2 2009, 10:56 AM
Post #18

Founder

Group: Chairman
Member No.: 1

AWESOME - the only thing I would ask for.... is the observation ID's so we can go and see more smile.gif

+Quote Post
Tman
post Oct 2 2009, 01:46 PM
Post #19

Member No.: 186

Thanks for that, Bernhard! I definitely missing your colouring... gorgeous!

Do you even fancy doing your art on dust devil animations once? Too many complications or how about this one:
(sadly one distinctive DD is two-toned) http://greuti.ch/spirit/sol568ddcalib2.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tesheiner
post Oct 2 2009, 04:12 PM
Post #20

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 253

This selection is really incredible, specially those ones with the long shadows! ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
Nirgal
post Oct 2 2009, 04:25 PM
Post #21

Member No.: 223

Thank you all very much for the nice words that are much appreciated ... and keep me motivated for further work smile.gif

There is still an infinitely vast "terapixel sea" of HiRISE PDS to browse and discover new fascinating detail views suitable for further processing and colorization smile.gif

I forgot to mention: You can find the observation ID of the HiRISE source image in the file name of each image (just right click the thumbnail in the gallery and go to properties)

BTW.: In addition to the HiRISE images I have also done some work with CTX (MRO context imager) images that I'm going to post in the future (including some images that I already posted previously but are no loner available at the original URL because of a change of my web space provider)

+Quote Post
Nirgal
post Oct 2 2009, 04:30 PM
Post #22

QUOTE (djellison @ Oct 2 2009, 12:56 PM) *
AWESOME - the only thing I would ask for.... is the observation ID's so we can go and see more smile.gif

Thanks for the compliment, Doug !

There is not much detail information in the image captions itself, but you can find the PSP serial number of each original HiRISE source image simply derived from the file name (URL) of the images via right click.

Bernhard

+Quote Post
Nirgal
post Oct 2 2009, 04:38 PM
Post #23

QUOTE (Tman @ Oct 2 2009, 03:46 PM) *
I definitely missing your colouring... gorgeous!

Thanks Tman !

I still remember our past collaborations where you provided many great panoramas and brilliant b/w processings ... a colored version of one of your early Spirit sunsets way back at husband hill is still one of my favourite Spirit images:
Attached Image

Do you even fancy doing your art on dust devil animations once? Too many complications or how about this one:
(sadly one distinctive DD is two-toned) http://greuti.ch/spirit/sol568ddcalib2.gif

Actually I have done a colorization of one of the frames of the famous sol 568 dust devil movie ... If time permits I'm going to extend this to the full movie and post it in the Spirit forum smile.gif

+Quote Post
Tman
post Oct 2 2009, 04:58 PM
Post #24

Member No.: 186

smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
belleraphon1
post Oct 2 2009, 10:13 PM
Post #25

Member No.: 627

Nirgal Sir,

that frosty dune looks like a Chinese ideogram....

Awesome does not cover it....

More please smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 04:03 AM
RULES AND GUIDELINES
Please read the Forum Rules and Guidelines before posting.

IMAGE COPYRIGHT
Images posted on UnmannedSpaceflight.com may be copyrighted. Do not reproduce without permission. Read here for further information on space images and copyright.

OPINIONS AND MODERATION
Opinions expressed on UnmannedSpaceflight.com are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of UnmannedSpaceflight.com or The Planetary Society. The all-volunteer UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderation team is wholly independent of The Planetary Society. The Planetary Society has no influence over decisions made by the UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderators.
SUPPORT THE FORUM
Unmannedspaceflight.com is funded by the Planetary Society. Please consider supporting our work and many other projects by donating to the Society or becoming a member.