Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

A map of Saturn
Bjorn Jonsson
post Jul 26 2008, 08:50 PM
Post #1

IMG to PNG GOD

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 38

I just uploaded a new version of my Saturn map at my website - the map can be found here.

As indicated there, the southern hemisphere is based on Cassini data - the longidutinal coverage there is complete. Hopefully Cassini also obtains complete CB1 and BL1 (and one can always hope for green...) longitudinal coverage of the northern hemisphere once the sun starts illuminating the north pole. There are already signs that the northern hemisphere has changed significantly from the time of the Voyager flybys although this may be largely due to seasonal effects.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Ian R
post Jul 28 2008, 04:12 AM
Post #2

Lord Of The Uranian Rings

Group: Members
Member No.: 437

That is simply amazing Bjorn! blink.gif

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- Bjorn Jonsson   A map of Saturn   Jul 26 2008, 08:50 PM
- - Ian R   That is simply amazing Bjorn!   Jul 28 2008, 04:12 AM

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:45 PM
RULES AND GUIDELINES
Please read the Forum Rules and Guidelines before posting.

IMAGE COPYRIGHT
Images posted on UnmannedSpaceflight.com may be copyrighted. Do not reproduce without permission. Read here for further information on space images and copyright.

OPINIONS AND MODERATION
Opinions expressed on UnmannedSpaceflight.com are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of UnmannedSpaceflight.com or The Planetary Society. The all-volunteer UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderation team is wholly independent of The Planetary Society. The Planetary Society has no influence over decisions made by the UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderators.
SUPPORT THE FORUM
Unmannedspaceflight.com is funded by the Planetary Society. Please consider supporting our work and many other projects by donating to the Society or becoming a member.