IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
How to get at 16 bit hirise DTM data?, Easiest software for getting height data into a conventional format
starbase1
post Mar 26 2010, 06:46 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4092

I did hunt around the messages here to find an answer, but could not see one...

I'm looking atthe HIRISE DTM data file which is a .IMG file, and claims to be a PDS file.

I've tried FITS Liberator, which claims to understand PDS, but not this one. Also ImageJ with the PDS loader, also no joy. GIMP has a PDS loader, and this manages to import the file, but from the bizarre banding, it's got confused about the bit depth.

I've seen various references to ISIS here and elsewhere, but a quick look atthe docs on how to install suggests it has all the user friendly qualities of a corenered rat!

So, are there alternatives, or do I need to grit my teeth and fight ISIS?

Nick

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JohnVV
post Mar 28 2010, 08:43 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 4489

i would go with ISIS 3
but there is also a MS windows program on this site called img2png
http://www.unmannedspaceflight.com/index.php?showtopic=4979

http://www.mmedia.is/bjj/utils/img2png/

i run Linux( Arch and CentOS) and as such have not used it.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 04:49 PM
RULES AND GUIDELINES
Please read the Forum Rules and Guidelines before posting.

IMAGE COPYRIGHT
Images posted on UnmannedSpaceflight.com may be copyrighted. Do not reproduce without permission. Read here for further information on space images and copyright.

OPINIONS AND MODERATION
Opinions expressed on UnmannedSpaceflight.com are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of UnmannedSpaceflight.com or The Planetary Society. The all-volunteer UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderation team is wholly independent of The Planetary Society. The Planetary Society has no influence over decisions made by the UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderators.
SUPPORT THE FORUM
Unmannedspaceflight.com is funded by the Planetary Society. Please consider supporting our work and many other projects by donating to the Society or becoming a member.