Reply to this topicStart new topic
My personnal MER 3d software
Indian3000
post May 17 2006, 07:45 AM
Post #31

Group: Members
Member No.: 278

QUOTE (tfisher @ May 17 2006, 02:57 AM) *
Okay, now I get as far as generating a site and being able to move around, but I only see the wire frame path and no images. Does this mean my graphics card isn't good enough? Or am I missing something else?
[attachment=5643:attachment]

you must have something like this

Attached Image

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Indian3000
post May 17 2006, 09:14 AM
Post #32

a version without index buffer, normaly, the 32bits index limitation is avoid, but i need someone test.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  3d_site_viewer_R3_without_index_buffer.zip ( 704.74K ) Number of downloads: 900

--------------------

+Quote Post
djellison
post May 17 2006, 09:26 AM
Post #33

Founder

Group: Chairman
Member No.: 1

Is it just me or do all the lbl's work but noneo f the rvf's work here
http://pds-geosciences.wustl.edu/geodata/m...r2rm_0xxx/data/

Doug

+Quote Post
Indian3000
post May 17 2006, 09:51 AM
Post #34

QUOTE (djellison @ May 17 2006, 11:26 AM) *
Is it just me or do all the lbl's work but noneo f the rvf's work here
http://pds-geosciences.wustl.edu/geodata/m...r2rm_0xxx/data/

Doug

I does not understand very well what you want to say, but if is to use my 3DViewer, file RVF and SVF are to already charged and treated in the database mdf.

i know some probleme on inter-site data file ( svf ) but i think is in my traitment i forget a parameter.
but all reference on same site are correct ... juste a problem on inter-site ...

--------------------

+Quote Post
djellison
post May 17 2006, 10:14 AM
Post #35

Founder

What I mean is - the files are unavailable...I try and save one and it's not found....but I remember them all being available a few months ago (as I was looking at them w.r.t. putting together the mobility report maps)

Doug

+Quote Post
Indian3000
post May 17 2006, 11:42 AM
Post #36

QUOTE (djellison @ May 17 2006, 12:14 PM) *
What I mean is - the files are unavailable...I try and save one and it's not found....but I remember them all being available a few months ago (as I was looking at them w.r.t. putting together the mobility report maps)

Doug

ha ok, unavailable for me too by web, you can try by ftp,

ftp://pds-geosciences.wustl.edu/mer1-m-en...v1/mer1rm_0xxx/
ftp://pds-geosciences.wustl.edu/mer2-m-en...v1/mer2rm_0xxx/

--------------------

+Quote Post
djellison
post May 17 2006, 11:53 AM
Post #37

Founder

Bingo smile.gif That works!

Doug

+Quote Post
CosmicRocker
post May 17 2006, 02:39 PM
Post #38

Member No.: 116

QUOTE (Indian3000 @ May 17 2006, 02:14 AM) *
...Which version of .NET you took
x86, x64 or IA64 ... ?
Thank you for you help. I took the x86 version. I thought that was correct, since my CPU is 64 bit, but my operating system is 32 bit. Should I use a different one?

--------------------
...Tom

I'm not a Space Fan, I'm a Space Exploration Enthusiast.

+Quote Post
Indian3000
post May 17 2006, 03:38 PM
Post #39

QUOTE (CosmicRocker @ May 17 2006, 04:39 PM) *
Thank you for you help. I took the x86 version. I thought that was correct, since my CPU is 64 bit, but my operating system is 32 bit. Should I use a different one?

no, you have the good one, what you say is correct.

huh.gif ,

launch My HelloWorld, if that does not function, you have a problem with .NET 2.0

Attached File  HelloWorld.zip ( 3.39K ) Number of downloads: 1141

launch My DirectXHelloWorld, if that does not function, you have a problem with Managed DirectX 9 lib.

Attached File  DirectXHelloWorld.zip ( 4.25K ) Number of downloads: 1165

for directX you need some thing like that in you C:\Windows\assembly\ directory

Attached Image

give me a feed back smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
CosmicRocker
post May 17 2006, 07:22 PM
Post #40

Thank you. I will try these tests tonight.

--------------------
...Tom

+Quote Post
tfisher
post May 18 2006, 02:06 AM
Post #41

Member No.: 421

Hmmm... now I'm seeing other problems with the R3 version. Starting over from a clean directory, when I try to create a new site I get:
CODE
************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib, Version=0.83.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=1b03e6acf1164f73' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib, Version=0.83.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=1b03e6acf1164f73'
   at MarsRoverCenterLibrary.Tools.MRCImg.LoadIMG(String p_filename, Boolean p_compressed)
   at MarsRoverCenterLibrary.Tools.MRCImageLoader.LoadImage(String p_filename)
   at MarsRoverCenterLibrary.CustomUserControl.ListBoxImage.ImageElement..ctor(String p_filename)
   at MarsRoverCenterLibrary.CustomUserControl.ListBoxImage.AddImage(String p_filename)
   at MarsRoverCenterLibrary.Forms.FormMRC3DSite.button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Installed on top of the previous version, trying to load a file with a mesh already generated, I get:
CODE
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: One or more files do not match the primary file of the database. If you are attempting to attach a database, retry the operation with the correct files.  If this is an existing database, the file may be corrupted and should be restored from a backup.
Cannot open user default database. Login failed.
Login failed for user 'FROST\First'.
Log file 'C:\Program Files\MarsRoverCenter3DSiteViewer_R1\MarsRoverDatabase_log.ldf' does not match the primary file.  It may be from a different database or the log may have been rebuilt previously.
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.CompleteLogin(Boolean enlistOK)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.OpenLoginEnlist(SqlConnection owningObject, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, String newPassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds..ctor(DbConnectionPoolIdentity identity, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, Object providerInfo, String newPassword, SqlConnection owningObject, Boolean redirectedUserInstance)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningConnection)
   at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreatePooledConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnectionOptions options)
   at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.CreateObject(DbConnection owningObject)
   at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.UserCreateRequest(DbConnection owningObject)
   at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConnection(DbConnection owningObject)
   at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection)
   at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open()
   at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillInternal(DataSet dataset, DataTable[] datatables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)
   at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataTable[] dataTables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)
   at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataTable dataTable)
   at MarsRoverCenterLibrary.Data.MarsRoverDatabaseDataSetTableAdapters.RAW_LOCATIONTa
leAdapter.GetDataByRefSite(String SPACECRAFT_ID, Nullable`1 SITE_REF, Nullable`1 SITE_DIFF)
   at MarsRoverCenterLibrary.Forms.FormMRC3DSite.backgroundWorker1_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

Trying to create a site with a new file for which no mesh was previously generated, I get:
CODE
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: One or more files do not match the primary file of the database. If you are attempting to attach a database, retry the operation with the correct files.  If this is an existing database, the file may be corrupted and should be restored from a backup.
Cannot open user default database. Login failed.
Login failed for user 'FROST\First'.
Log file 'C:\Program Files\MarsRoverCenter3DSiteViewer_R1\MarsRoverDatabase_log.ldf' does not match the primary file.  It may be from a different database or the log may have been rebuilt previously.
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.CompleteLogin(Boolean enlistOK)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.OpenLoginEnlist(SqlConnection owningObject, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, String newPassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds..ctor(DbConnectionPoolIdentity identity, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, Object providerInfo, String newPassword, SqlConnection owningObject, Boolean redirectedUserInstance)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningConnection)
   at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreatePooledConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnectionOptions options)
   at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.CreateObject(DbConnection owningObject)
   at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.UserCreateRequest(DbConnection owningObject)
   at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConnection(DbConnection owningObject)
   at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection)
   at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open()
   at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillInternal(DataSet dataset, DataTable[] datatables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)
   at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataTable[] dataTables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)
   at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataTable dataTable)
   at MarsRoverCenterLibrary.Data.MarsRoverDatabaseDataSetTableAdapters.RAW_LOCATIONTa
leAdapter.GetDataByINDEX(String SPACECRAFT_ID, Nullable`1 INDEX1, Nullable`1 INDEX2, Nullable`1 INDEX3, Nullable`1 INDEX4, Nullable`1 INDEX5)
   at MarsRoverCenterLibrary.Tools.XYL.FilterByRange(Double p_range)
   at MarsRoverCenterLibrary.Forms.FormMRC3DSite.backgroundWorker1_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

Thanks for your work to share this with us!

+Quote Post
CosmicRocker
post May 18 2006, 03:38 AM
Post #42

Indian3000: Thank you for your help. You are a genius. Those easy tests quickly identified a problem with DirectX. I installed an update and your software is now working well. smile.gif

As proof, here is a screen shot from an Opportunity site. Downloading all of the data files is rather tedious, and apparently I missed one of the RSLs for this site. Hence, the missing wedge. Now that it is working I will find a more interesting area and teach myself to add multiple sites. I am guessing that I can do that if I put each site in a separate directory.
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
...Tom

+Quote Post
lyford
post May 18 2006, 04:00 AM
Post #43

Member No.: 124

I still can't believe it actually works - must be some witchcraft involved! biggrin.gif

Please, cosmic and indian and all who get this working - post screenshot after screenshot for those of use forced to live vicariously through your efforts. Simply beautiful.

--------------------
Lyford Rome
"Zis is not nuts, zis is super-nuts!" Mathematician Richard Courant on viewing an Orion test

+Quote Post
Indian3000
post May 18 2006, 06:26 AM
Post #44

QUOTE (CosmicRocker @ May 18 2006, 05:38 AM) *
Indian3000: Thank you for your help. You are a genius. Those easy tests quickly identified a problem with DirectX. I installed an update and your software is now working well. smile.gif

As proof, here is a screen shot from an Opportunity site. Downloading all of the data files is rather tedious, and apparently I missed one of the RSLs for this site. Hence, the missing wedge. Now that it is working I will find a more interesting area and teach myself to add multiple sites. I am guessing that I can do that if I put each site in a separate directory.

i'm happy for you biggrin.gif

but currently, the rules for site mix is as follows, you can load in one time all XYL for the same site

example : you can load All site 'AE' -> 'AE00', 'AE93', 'AEVO', 'AE..' ( is good )
but no 'AE' with 'AD' -> 'AE00', 'AD00' ( it's bad )

but i work on different Site loading ( not "drive", different "drive" work ), i just have a problem with "inter-site" computing, i have a table for this but some "inter-site" data are bad currently.. but this stuff come, quickly, I hope tongue.gif

tfisher :

forget the version R1 it is bad.

i thing with release R3 you try to load a XYL file without RSL. and you receive a FileNotFound Exception.

--------------------

+Quote Post
djellison
post May 18 2006, 06:32 AM
Post #45

Founder

What would be good is to be able to present the mobility traces without any wedges at all - I know it might seem odd, but I'd like it smile.gif

Doug

+Quote Post

14 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:02 PM
RULES AND GUIDELINES
Please read the Forum Rules and Guidelines before posting.

IMAGE COPYRIGHT
Images posted on UnmannedSpaceflight.com may be copyrighted. Do not reproduce without permission. Read here for further information on space images and copyright.

OPINIONS AND MODERATION
Opinions expressed on UnmannedSpaceflight.com are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of UnmannedSpaceflight.com or The Planetary Society. The all-volunteer UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderation team is wholly independent of The Planetary Society. The Planetary Society has no influence over decisions made by the UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderators.
SUPPORT THE FORUM
Unmannedspaceflight.com is funded by the Planetary Society. Please consider supporting our work and many other projects by donating to the Society or becoming a member.