3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
China Announces Manned Lunar Mission In 2017
ljk4-1
post May 19 2006, 03:27 PM
Post #31

Group: Members
Member No.: 430

Paolo Ulivi has an amazing Web page on Chinese plans for the Moon and planets here
(through early 2004):

http://utenti.lycos.it/paoloulivi/chinamoo.html

--------------------
"After having some business dealings with men, I am occasionally chagrined,
and feel as if I had done some wrong, and it is hard to forget the ugly circumstance.
I see that such intercourse long continued would make one thoroughly prosaic, hard,
and coarse. But the longest intercourse with Nature, though in her rudest moods, does
not thus harden and make coarse. A hard, sensible man whom we liken to a rock is
indeed much harder than a rock. From hard, coarse, insensible men with whom I have
no sympathy, I go to commune with the rocks, whose hearts are comparatively soft."

- Henry David Thoreau, November 15, 1853

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_DonPMitchell_*
post May 19 2006, 04:10 PM
Post #32

Guests

It's easy to talk the talk. The US and USSR also drew all kinds of pictures of Moon bases, in the 1950s and 60s. I'll believe in these bold plans when I see more concrete achievement. Right now, China's space program is still relatively small and inexperienced.

+Quote Post
dvandorn
post May 20 2006, 03:59 PM
Post #33

Member No.: 15

China made a decision, about 20 years ago, to catch up with the industrial capabilities of the West. To do so without destroying their economy, they have ignored basic controls on pollution and environmental damage. Methinks the Chinese are aware that they will have to spend a lot of money retrofitting their industries to protect what's left of their environment before they can commit the kind of funding needed to place people on the Moon -- hence their very slow and careful progress in their manned spaceflight program.

-the other Doug

--------------------
“The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right.” -Mark Twain

+Quote Post
GravityWaves
post Jul 5 2006, 01:04 AM
Post #34

Member No.: 723

A top official in China's space program has set 2024 for the country's first moonwalk, a Hong Kong newspaper reported Monday.
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/13410739/
The mission would kick off in earnest next year, the Beijing-backed Wen Wei Po paper said, when China launches an unmanned 2-ton lunar satellite in March or April to orbit and survey the lunar surface.

+Quote Post
GravityWaves
post Aug 4 2006, 03:48 PM
Post #35

Member No.: 723

QUOTE (Stephen @ May 19 2006, 03:15 AM) *
"Following the Chang’e-I orbiter mission, Luan said, is landing an unmanned vehicle on the moon by 2010 and collecting samples of lunar soil with an unmanned vehicle by 2020.

"'Only after we finish the three phases can we carry out the manned satellite project to probe the moon', Luan stated."

======
Stephen

Recently, the media has experienced another cascade of reports on the possibility of a Chinese manned lunar program. Translations of an article from a Hong Kong newspaper have hit the wires, and even found their way back into English-language versions of mainland Chinese publications.
http://www.spacedaily.com/reports/Lunar_To..._China_999.html

China's space exploration plans include not only missions to the moon but also Mars

http://edition.cnn.com/2006/TECH/space/07/...ina.space.reut/

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:05 AM
RULES AND GUIDELINES
Please read the Forum Rules and Guidelines before posting.

IMAGE COPYRIGHT
Images posted on UnmannedSpaceflight.com may be copyrighted. Do not reproduce without permission. Read here for further information on space images and copyright.

OPINIONS AND MODERATION
Opinions expressed on UnmannedSpaceflight.com are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of UnmannedSpaceflight.com or The Planetary Society. The all-volunteer UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderation team is wholly independent of The Planetary Society. The Planetary Society has no influence over decisions made by the UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderators.
SUPPORT THE FORUM
Unmannedspaceflight.com is funded by the Planetary Society. Please consider supporting our work and many other projects by donating to the Society or becoming a member.