24 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Chang'e 5 sample return mission
Gofar
post Dec 25 2013, 09:32 AM
Post #16

Group: Members
Member No.: 7081

Add here is some lastest news for China's Chang'e Project 4&5 and manned Lunar exploration,
2013-12-25
People.com.cn Guangzhou on 25 December, (Sun Lu) yesterday morning, "the father", China academician Ye Peijian guest lectures "Pearl River Science Forum", the Chinese lunar and deep space exploration, said the return mode Chang'e five innovation, and before the rumors of the "abolition of China's manned moon" the false news responded.

作为中国空间飞行器及信息处理专家的叶培建,曾任嫦娥一号卫星系统总指挥兼总设计师。现任航天科技集团公司科技委顾问,航天科技集团公司嫦娥三号探测器系统首席科学家、嫦娥五号总设计师、总指挥顾问,空间科学与深空探测首席专家。

As China space vehicle and information processing expert Ye Peijian, a former Chang'e-1 satellite system commander and chief designer. The aerospace technology group science and Technology Committee consultant, China Aerospace Science and Technology Corporation, the chief scientist of three probe system Chang'e five chief designer, commander in chief expert consultants, space science and deep space exploration.

“玉兔号”月球车今日凌晨“冬眠”

"Rabbit" Rover "hibernation early this morning"

据叶培建介绍,由于月球绕着地球转一圈是28天,月球的一天是地球的28天,因此月球的一个白天是地球的14天,月球的一个晚上也是地球的14天,昨日到今日要进入月夜,温度将下降到零下负170度,而夜晚无太阳无法发电,月球车要“冻死了”,所以今天的凌晨月球车设置为冬眠状态。但之后仍然需要它“活过来”好好工作,所以在这次的着陆器和巡视器上我国第一次使用核同位素发热,让月球车可以在负170度的情况底下保持最低的生存条件。另外,还设置了一个唤醒电路,到下个月月初、太阳再升起来的时候,试着把它“叫醒”,但是否可行还有待事实证明。

According to Ye Peijian introduction, as the moon moves around the earth is round 28 days, the moon day is 28 Earth days, so one day the moon is the earth's 14 days, the moon for one night is 14 Earth days, yesterday to today to enter the moonlit night, the temperature will drop to minus 170 degrees and the night without the sun, no power, the lunar rover to "freeze", so today's morning of lunar rover is set to a state of hibernation. But still need it "live" good work, so in the lander and Rover on the China first use nuclear isotope fever, let the rover can maintain the lowest living conditions in 170 case. In addition, also set up a wake-up circuit, by the time of next month, the sun will rise up, try to "wake up", but is feasible remains to be proved.

嫦娥五号返回方式将创新

Chang'e five return mode innovation

叶建培描述了嫦娥五号从发射到返回的整个过程。

Ye Jianpei described the Chang'e five from launch to the whole procedure returns.

嫦娥五号将到新建的海南发射场、用新研制的长征五号发射,它由4个器组成,着陆器、上升器、轨道器、返回器。这4个器的组合体打到月球轨道,打到月球轨道以后轨道器、返回器成一个组合,着陆器、上升器呈一个组合,这两个组合分离,着陆器带着上升器像嫦娥三号一样,降低在预定的地区。

The goddess of the moon will be five to the newly established Hainan launch site, using the newly developed long march five launch, it consists of 4 components, the lander, riser, the orbiter, return device. Combination of these 4 devices to the orbit of the moon, to the orbit of the moon after the orbiter, return to a portfolio, the lander, which is a combination of rising, the two combination, the lander with riser like Chang'e three, lower in the predetermined area.

着陆器上有两个机械手,一个机械手在月球表面采样、封装到容器里,另一个机械手能在月球上打钻2米深,采集地下样品并封装。机械手会将封装后的容器转移到着陆器的上升器里,上升器将从月面上起飞,进入月球轨道后,轨道器和返回器的组合体去追它,交汇到一起后,把上升器里面的样品转回到转移器,然后把上升器扔掉,轨道器和返回器绕过月球返回地球。

There are two robot lander, a mechanical hand sampling, on the surface of the moon packaging into the container, the other a robot on the moon drilling 2 meters deep underground, collecting samples and packaging. The manipulator will be transferred to the container after rising for lander, a riser will take off from the lunar surface, to enter the moon's orbit, the orbiter and return device combination to chase it, meeting together, put up inside the samples back to the transfer device, and then the riser away, orbiter and return device around the moon back to earth.

叶培建表示,嫦娥五号的返回会有一个很大的创新。过去都是直接返回,这一次为了解决落点、着陆角以调整冲击力的问题,决定分离进入大气层到60公里时不回来,再跳回到宇宙当中去,再跳回大气层,然后再回来。“通过这个办法,距离越长,走的时间越长,我们可以得到很多好处,可以减少发热,减少着陆角等等,这种返回方式也将是我们的第一次试验。”

Ye Peijian said, Chang'e five return there will be a great innovation. The past is returned directly, this time in order to solve the landing, landing angle to adjust the impact of the problem, decided to separate into the atmosphere to 60 km does not come back, then jumped back to the universe, then jump back to the atmosphere, and then come back. "In this way, the longer the distance, go longer, we can get a lot of benefits, can reduce fever, reduce the landing angle and so on, this return mode will also be the first test of our."

叶建培也说明,为了增加可靠性,将先发射试验器,这就是明年发射的嫦娥四号。嫦娥四号将打到月球但不落月,它的返回器和嫦娥五号的返回器一模一样,可以用来验证这种返回方式。

Ye Jianpei also shows that, in order to increase the reliability, will be the first emission tester, which is the next launch Chang'e four. Chang'e four will hit the moon but not fall months, its return device and Chang'e five return device as like as two peas, can be used to verify this return mode.

目前中国没有载人登月计划

At present China not manned lunar program

对于之前网上在传的我国将取消载人登月计划的消息,叶培建用三句话概括了我国对载人登月计划的态度:“第一,人类要征服太空首先要去月球,美国人去过了,中国人一定要去,中国人也一定能够去;第二,目前我们国家没有任何载人登月的计划,因此也无所谓前几天网上传的取消这个计划的无稽之谈,没有这个计划就没有取消;第三,一个国家有没有载人登月的计划要看国家的实力、国家综合发展的需要,随着国家经济能力的发展和科学技术的进步,我认为中国迟迟晚晚是要搞载人登月的。”

For before the Internet will cancel the manned moon landing plan in our country the news, Ye Peijian uses three words summed up China's attitude to the manned moon landing plan ": first, the human to conquer space must first go to the moon, the Americans have been to, Chinese must go, Chinese will be able to; second, at present our country has no manned moon landing plan, therefore also does not matter a few days before the Internet to cancel the plan is not groundless statement, this plan would not cancel; third, no manned landing on the moon has a national plan to watch the national strength, comprehensive national development needs, with the development of national economy and science ability the progress of technology, I think Chinese has been late to the manned lunar landing."

同时叶培建也透露最近一版的航天白皮书已经明确提出我国已经开始载人登月的关键技术研究,表示希望在有生之年能够看到中国人登上月球。

At the same time, Ye Peijian also revealed that a recent edition of the white paper has clearly put forward the Aerospace China has begun to research on the key technology of manned lunar landing, expressed the hope to see Chinese landed on the moon in the rest of one's life.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Astro0
post Dec 25 2013, 11:06 AM
Post #17

Group: Admin
Member No.: 615

ADMIN NOTE: A PM was sent to Gofar about the Forum rules on discussion of 'manned spaceflight'. As this is one of their first posts and simply a translation, no action is required. Obviously no further discussion needs to be entered into on the subject. Thanks all. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmic Penguin
post Aug 10 2014, 10:30 AM
Post #18

Member No.: 6419

The Chinese are going to launch a prototype of the CE-5 descent module on a free-return trajectory around the Moon and back this October: Link

(this has been known for some time, but not well advertised by the Chinese. Given this is flying before IXV and EFT-1 maybe we need a dedicated thread here now? tongue.gif )

--------------------
UMSF - the place of Opportunity to satisfy your Spirit of Curiosity via Perseverance

+Quote Post
charborob
post Sep 3 2014, 11:41 AM
Post #19

Member No.: 3908

According to this story, the Chang'e 5 prototype will be an orbiter and will be called Chang'e 4. It is the backup for Chang'e 3 that has been "adapted to verify the technologies needed for the Chang'e 5 mission". Well, it looks like the Chinese won't send another rover as a follow-up to Chang'e 3. Too bad, from a lunar surface exploration point of view.

+Quote Post
Phil Stooke
post Sep 3 2014, 01:25 PM
Post #20

Solar System Cartographer

Member No.: 227

The mission numbering might just be an assumption by the writer, Leonard David. It's hard to know anything for certain at the moment. My understanding had been that the sample return test capsule would be carried by an orbiter more like Chang'E 2 , but everything is uncertain until it happens. I still hope for a rover mission to try to overcome the problems experienced by Yutu, but that's just me wishing for something!

Phil

--------------------
... because the Solar System ain't gonna map itself.

Also to be found posting similar content on https://mastodon.social/@PhilStooke
NOTE: everything created by me which I post on UMSF is considered to be in the public domain (NOT CC, public domain)

+Quote Post
A.Nemo
post Sep 6 2014, 09:54 AM
Post #21

Member No.: 7094

QUOTE (charborob @ Sep 3 2014, 07:41 PM) *
According to this story, the Chang'e 5 prototype will be an orbiter and will be called Chang'e 4. It is the backup for Chang'e 3 that has been "adapted to verify the technologies needed for the Chang'e 5 mission". Well, it looks like the Chinese won't send another rover as a follow-up to Chang'e 3. Too bad, from a lunar surface exploration point of view.

Chang'e-5 pathfinder will be launched in october, it may be called Chang'e-5 T1(test?)
Chang'e-4 will be launched in 2016, it will another rover ,while added a sample arm, verify the lunar sample technology for Chang'e-5

+Quote Post
A.Nemo
post Sep 6 2014, 09:56 AM
Post #22

Member No.: 7094

http://www.gov.cn/xinwen/2014-09/05/content_2745753.htm
他表示,嫦娥五号的主要任务是去月球取样,并把样品拿回来。也就是完成探月工程“绕月-落月-返回”三部曲中,最为艰巨的“返回”任务。嫦娥三号“落月”地点位于虹湾地区,而嫦娥五号则准备在风暴洋附近。两者相距非常远,不会产生交叉。
Chang'e-5 will be landed in the Oceanus Procellarum

I think Chang'e-4 will also landed here

+Quote Post
Phil Stooke
post Sep 6 2014, 06:55 PM
Post #23

Thank you for all this very useful information.

Phil

--------------------

NOTE: everything created by me which I post on UMSF is considered to be in the public domain (NOT CC, public domain)

+Quote Post
Thorsten Denk
post Oct 14 2014, 08:53 PM
Post #24

Member No.: 6632

Chαng'ι-whatevernumber will be launched next October 23:

China Readies Moon Mission for Launch Next Week

Will we finally know what is Chαng'ι-4 (rover, reentry-test, cancelled, other)? unsure.gif

Thorsten

+Quote Post
elakdawalla
post Oct 16 2014, 06:14 PM
Post #25

Administrator

Member No.: 454

I tweeted that and had a couple of different people correct me who said that the thing that is launching in October is called Chang'e 5 Test Device, or Chang'e 5 T-1.

--------------------
My website - My Patreon - @elakdawalla on Twitter - Please support unmannedspaceflight.com by donating here.

+Quote Post
Phil Stooke
post Oct 16 2014, 07:15 PM
Post #26

There is terrible confusion about this in the media, but it seems clear that there will be a future lander and rover called Chang'E 4, in 2016, which will test the soil-sampling equipment for the sample mission. This re-entry test flight is not Chang'E 4.

Phil

--------------------

+Quote Post
Paolo
post Oct 16 2014, 07:36 PM
Post #27

Member No.: 1004

I may be wrong but I think I have never seen the test flight of the sample return capsule called "Chang'E 4" in Chinese media

+Quote Post
elakdawalla
post Oct 16 2014, 08:09 PM
Post #28

Administrator

Member No.: 454

Someone on Twitter sent me this CCTV video from August 10, which refers to the impending launch as 嫦娥五号 试验器, Chang'e 5 Test Vehicle.

--------------------
My website - My Patreon - @elakdawalla on Twitter - Please support unmannedspaceflight.com by donating here.

+Quote Post
Phil Stooke
post Oct 16 2014, 08:20 PM
Post #29

Paolo, I think you're right - but it's a mess in the western media.

Phil

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ron Hobbs
post Oct 16 2014, 11:30 PM
Post #30

Member No.: 745

Spaceflight Now's International Launch Schedule bills it as "Chang'e 5 Precursor."

"A Chinese Long March 3C rocket will launch a mission to demonstrate re-entry technologies for the planned Chang'e 5 lunar sample return mission."

+Quote Post

24 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:59 PM
RULES AND GUIDELINES
Please read the Forum Rules and Guidelines before posting.

IMAGE COPYRIGHT
Images posted on UnmannedSpaceflight.com may be copyrighted. Do not reproduce without permission. Read here for further information on space images and copyright.

OPINIONS AND MODERATION
Opinions expressed on UnmannedSpaceflight.com are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of UnmannedSpaceflight.com or The Planetary Society. The all-volunteer UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderation team is wholly independent of The Planetary Society. The Planetary Society has no influence over decisions made by the UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderators.
SUPPORT THE FORUM
Unmannedspaceflight.com is funded by the Planetary Society. Please consider supporting our work and many other projects by donating to the Society or becoming a member.