7 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
UMSF - Server Switch 10th & 11th May
Floyd
post May 16 2008, 04:21 PM
Post #61

Group: Members
Member No.: 1102

I'm having trouble staying loged in. Bumped out when I try and post.

Floyd

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
climber
post May 16 2008, 07:08 PM
Post #62

Member No.: 682

QUOTE (ElkGroveDan @ May 15 2008, 07:56 PM) *
If you are losing the password cookie, try using www.unmannedspaceflight.com instead of just unmannedspaceflight.com

This is what I use actualy. I've been asked again for pasword today (but this time my computer remembered it so I had to hit "enter" only)

--------------------

+Quote Post
djellison
post May 16 2008, 07:41 PM
Post #63

Founder

Group: Chairman
Member No.: 1

I've switched back to the non-stronghold cookie - so it would ask some people again.

Doug.

+Quote Post
djellison
post May 16 2008, 08:13 PM
Post #64

Founder

Just for those that like stats...

CODE
Day    Number of visits    Pages    Hits    Bandwidth
13 May 2008    2124    17937    113466    1.30 GB
14 May 2008    2435    24260    130078    1.55 GB
15 May 2008    2367    20564    127519    1.34 GB

New server doing beautifully.

Also - the problem of getting GD to rebuild the thumbnails from the few days when it wasn't working is fixed - PHP didn't have enough memory allocated to play with. Fixed with a quick ini file setting change.

Doug

+Quote Post
nprev
post May 18 2008, 08:22 PM
Post #65

Merciless Robot

Group: Admin
Member No.: 602

Oooo...AWESOME new banner, Doug, thank you!!!!

Gotta say frankly that this is the best yet by far; really captures what UMSF is about in a single image. Love it!!!!

Go Phoenix!!!!

--------------------
A few will take this knowledge and use this power of a dream realized as a force for change, an impetus for further discovery to make less ancient dreams real.

+Quote Post
djellison
post May 18 2008, 09:12 PM
Post #66

Founder

The latest in a series of 'Pimp my banner' courtesy of AstroO smile.gif He's VERY good at these biggrin.gif

Doug

+Quote Post
nprev
post May 18 2008, 10:30 PM
Post #67

Merciless Robot

Obviously. Astro0 is a Mac Daddy pimp then...well done!!! smile.gif

--------------------
A few will take this knowledge and use this power of a dream realized as a force for change, an impetus for further discovery to make less ancient dreams real.

+Quote Post
Astro0
post May 18 2008, 10:40 PM
Post #68

Member No.: 615

PC Daddy actually. Photoshop Rules!
Astro0

+Quote Post
nprev
post May 18 2008, 11:22 PM
Post #69

Merciless Robot

PC Daddy it is then...nevertheless, thank you!!! smile.gif Really nice, just love it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
nprev
post May 22 2008, 03:23 AM
Post #70

Merciless Robot

Doug, I just dumped my entire cache (finally), and ever since I've noticed that I have to log on every time I surf back to the site from elsewhere. Not a big deal, just thought you'd like to know. Running IE7 here on XP.

--------------------

+Quote Post
djellison
post May 22 2008, 08:23 AM
Post #71

Founder

You shouldn't, I certainly don't. Not a forum problem I'm afraid. Are you visiting www. not just .umsf ? There isn't a 'make people forget logins' button that has been pressed.

Doug

+Quote Post
nprev
post May 22 2008, 11:57 AM
Post #72

Merciless Robot

Yeah, seems to have been me; it's working fine now.

Weird. Maybe the cookie didn't load successfully the first few times.

--------------------

+Quote Post
djellison
post May 23 2008, 12:56 AM
Post #73

Founder

Well that was interesting. No idea of a cause for that 1hr of downtime yet. Server management team are on the case.

"It was related to a small power issue we had, everything should be fine now."

YOU'VE got power issues. Clearly you've never parked on home plate for 8 months.

On the way back up, the database got a kicking which cause some session control issues. I repaired the database ( by hitting a button marked 'repair' ) and it's back up and running fine now.

What's amazing is how quickly the current visitors number rocketed back up after downtime. Having had look at Google Analytics - yesterday was UMSF's busiest day this year - and I can see a pre-phoenix trend. We needed this server smile.gif

Doug

+Quote Post
nprev
post May 23 2008, 02:13 AM
Post #74

Merciless Robot

#1: GO TO BED & READ THIS LATER!!! (Please?) smile.gif

#2: As I mentioned on the Lifeboat blog, ask these guys about their UPS arrangements...might be time for another fundraiser for a standalone device.

Quick war story: Last year during my Reserve duty here in sunny SoCal we started taking bets as to when our automated test bench would shut down during the afternoon...we got within less then ten minutes of error, usually. The power grid drain from air conditioning use throughout the area was so high that the supply voltage would drop below the station's tolerance for a second or two at a time & it would shut down. We bought & installed a nice 15KVa UPS (way bigger than needed for a server, obviously, but that station does a lot of other stuff, like providing high-current DC for testing flight control computer servoamps)...no probs from then on, and in fact much greater reliability because it conditions the input power as well, thus preventing power transients from messing up components.

So, if the server's well inland (Pasadena or further east), it's gonna have some power issues in the summer. Today was an anomaly--we almost never get T-storms this time of year; actually, we almost never get T-storms, period--but it might be a harbinger of future probs.

--------------------

+Quote Post
centsworth_II
post May 23 2008, 02:20 AM
Post #75

Member No.: 132

QUOTE (nprev @ May 22 2008, 09:13 PM) *
#1: GO TO BED & READ THIS LATER!!! (Please?) smile.gif

Don't worry. He's just acclimating himself to be up and bright-eyed when Phoenix lands.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 >
Closed TopicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:25 PM
RULES AND GUIDELINES
Please read the Forum Rules and Guidelines before posting.

IMAGE COPYRIGHT
Images posted on UnmannedSpaceflight.com may be copyrighted. Do not reproduce without permission. Read here for further information on space images and copyright.

OPINIONS AND MODERATION
Opinions expressed on UnmannedSpaceflight.com are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of UnmannedSpaceflight.com or The Planetary Society. The all-volunteer UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderation team is wholly independent of The Planetary Society. The Planetary Society has no influence over decisions made by the UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderators.
SUPPORT THE FORUM
Unmannedspaceflight.com is funded by the Planetary Society. Please consider supporting our work and many other projects by donating to the Society or becoming a member.