Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2005 11 03, November 3rd, 2005
OWW
post Nov 4 2005, 09:11 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 99

Good morning, I’m Byron Jones and this is the Flight Director report for Thursday, November 3rd.

On Spirit, today is sol 653. She just completed about a 15-meter drive on sol 651 and is inching her way down Haskin Ridge on the other side of Husband Hill. Yesterday we had a big end-of-sol science discussion and determined that our long term goal was to get to place called Home Plate by around sol 800. And that is more for energy reasons rather than science reasons so that we can get better tilts for the upcoming winter.

On the other side of Mars, it’s sol 632 for Opportunity and she just completed a drive this week towards the outcrop called Ellas and she’ll be sitting there doing IDD work throughout the weekend.

Well that’s it for today, I’m Byron Jones, and that’s what’s happening on Mars today!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tesheiner
post Nov 4 2005, 09:58 AM
Post #2

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 253

> On the other side of Mars, it’s sol 632 for Opportunity and she just completed a drive this week towards the outcrop called Ellis and she’ll be sitting there doing IDD work throughout the weekend.

I think the name is "Ellas" (i.e. Greece) and not "Ellis".
See here:http://www.unmannedspaceflight.com/index.p...indpost&p=25364

+Quote Post
OWW
post Nov 4 2005, 10:57 AM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 99

Thanks for spotting that, Tesheiner... For some reason the person doing the subtitles on the Flight director updates often gets the names wrong; Arabus, Pason etc.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 02:59 PM
RULES AND GUIDELINES
Please read the Forum Rules and Guidelines before posting.

IMAGE COPYRIGHT
Images posted on UnmannedSpaceflight.com may be copyrighted. Do not reproduce without permission. Read here for further information on space images and copyright.

OPINIONS AND MODERATION
Opinions expressed on UnmannedSpaceflight.com are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of UnmannedSpaceflight.com or The Planetary Society. The all-volunteer UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderation team is wholly independent of The Planetary Society. The Planetary Society has no influence over decisions made by the UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderators.
SUPPORT THE FORUM
Unmannedspaceflight.com is funded by the Planetary Society. Please consider supporting our work and many other projects by donating to the Society or becoming a member.