Chandrayaan 1, India's First Lunar Probe
Pradeep
post Dec 15 2010, 05:19 PM
Post #466

Group: Members
Member No.: 4513

QUOTE (Nirgal @ Dec 12 2010, 09:40 PM) *
Thanks for the update, Pradeep !

do you have any information when the first data from the Terrain Mapping Camera (TMC) which I am particularly looking forward to smile.gif will be released ?

there is a preview of TMC data published at the ISRO site (link) which looks very very promising (the announced 5-meter-per-pixel near-global DEM would be by far the best topographic map of the moon yet with resolution two times higher than SELENE/KAGUYA DTM and more than ten times higher than LOLA DTM ...

No idea so far on a data release date.

Pradeep

--------------------
Pradeep Mohandas,
SEDS India.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Paolo
post Dec 15 2010, 06:29 PM
Post #467

Member No.: 1004

by the way, there is yet another Chandrayaan-related paper on arXiv today
Extremely high reflection of solar wind protons as neutral hydrogen atoms from regolith in space

--------------------
I'm one of the most durable and fervent advocates of space exploration, but my take is that we could do it robotically at far less cost and far greater quantity and quality of results.

James Van Allen

+Quote Post
Nirgal
post Dec 27 2010, 03:07 PM
Post #468

Member No.: 223

This news article sounds interesting:

QUOTE (Pradeep @ Dec 15 2010, 06:19 PM) *
ISRO has stated recently, that the voluminous data gathered by Chandrayaan-I would be made available to the public by the end of the year 2010. The data would be eventually split into two seasons with the first season going public by the end of 2010 and the second going public by the mid of 2011. The data would contain rare pictures of the moon and also data from the chemical and mineral mapping of the lunar surface.

Anyone more details on this upcoming end-of-2010 public data release ?

+Quote Post
elakdawalla
post Mar 1 2011, 09:36 PM
Post #469

Bloggette par Excellence

Group: Admin
Member No.: 454

Here it is:
http://www.issdc.gov.in/CHBrowse/index.jsp

I've checked it out and currently there's only browse versions of the data available, and those at pretty high JPEG compression, but it's enough to have some 3D fun with. Remember that TMC, like HRSC, did simultaneous stereo, so every spot it imaged on the Moon can be seen in 3D with minimal effort.

--------------------
My blog - @elakdawalla on Twitter - Please support unmannedspaceflight.com by donating here.

+Quote Post
Nirgal
post Mar 2 2011, 10:14 PM
Post #470

Member No.: 223

QUOTE (elakdawalla @ Mar 1 2011, 10:36 PM) *
Here it is:

Thanks a lot for the update, Emily !

I've been waiting for a long time for this one smile.gif

(Still courious about the Kaguya Terrain Camera data though which is still not (or only partially) released to date)

+Quote Post
Marz
post Apr 15 2012, 08:20 PM
Post #471

Member No.: 482

Interesting research from LRO & Chandrayaan-1: evidence that volcanism has occured as recently as 100 million years ago in Tycho crater.

http://www.universetoday.com/94583/scienti...unar-volcanism/

http://www.deccanherald.com/content/241966...c-activity.html

+Quote Post
Phil Stooke
post Apr 15 2012, 09:34 PM
Post #472

Member No.: 227

Most observers seem to feel that the apparent volcanism is really impact melt. But we will have to see what other studies show.

Phil

--------------------
... because the Solar System ain't gonna map itself.

+Quote Post

32 Pages V  « < 30 31 32
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd August 2014 - 09:38 PM
RULES AND GUIDELINES
Please read the Forum Rules and Guidelines before posting.

IMAGE COPYRIGHT
Images posted on UnmannedSpaceflight.com may be copyrighted. Do not reproduce without permission. Read here for further information on space images and copyright.

OPINIONS AND MODERATION
Opinions expressed on UnmannedSpaceflight.com are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of UnmannedSpaceflight.com or The Planetary Society. The all-volunteer UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderation team is wholly independent of The Planetary Society. The Planetary Society has no influence over decisions made by the UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderators.
SUPPORT THE FORUM
Unmannedspaceflight.com is a project of the Planetary Society and is funded by donations from visitors and members. Help keep this forum up and running by contributing here.