Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
djellison
post May 20 2006, 07:07 AM
Post #2

Founder

Group: Chairman
Member No.: 1

Obviously - the KSC website is the place to go for anything modern...a lot of modern spacecraft have a 'press day' before they fly and that's usually in a config that's near if not identical to the flight config.

I have some Beagle 2 pics from a book I have that I'll scan, as imagery of that isn't too thick on the ground.

Doug

+Quote Post
GregM
post May 20 2006, 03:36 PM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 175

+Quote Post
Guest_PhilCo126_*
post May 20 2006, 04:34 PM
Post #4

Guests

Greg,
I have been collecting NASA photos since the early 1970s and have a large collection of original NASA-photos showing spacecraft being tested & assembled ... I'm in the proces of scanning all photos in high-resolution so I could offer a CD-ROM for those at UMSF who're interested... Price will just cover costs + shipping smile.gif

+Quote Post
Bob Shaw
post May 20 2006, 04:52 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 239

QUOTE (PhilCo126 @ May 20 2006, 05:34 PM) *
Greg,
I have been collecting NASA photos since the early 1970s and have a large collection of original NASA-photos showing spacecraft being tested & assembled ... I'm in the proces of scanning all photos in high-resolution so I could offer a CD-ROM for those at UMSF who're interested... Price will just cover costs + shipping smile.gif

Better than that, I'll burn my image collection to DVD and swap you! That way we both benefit... ...and if a few of us do the same, we could fill a few hard drives!

Bob Shaw

--------------------
Remember: Time Flies like the wind - but Fruit Flies like bananas!

+Quote Post
Guest_PhilCo126_*
post May 20 2006, 04:59 PM
Post #6

Guests

Bob, that would be a good idea ... My price for the double CD-ROM is just US $ 20.00 (worldwide shipping included) and all photos are in High-resolution (300 DPI) so these can be used for good quality prints or in articles...
I could even do an extra CD-ROM-set with launch-vehicles... Anyone interested, send me a message rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
lyford
post May 20 2006, 06:08 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 124

Throw in some steak knives and we have a deal! tongue.gif
But maybe we can use the power of teh internets - would it be possible to do a Nostalgic Spacecraft Pic of the Day like APOD?

--------------------
Lyford Rome
"Zis is not nuts, zis is super-nuts!" Mathematician Richard Courant on viewing an Orion test

+Quote Post
Guest_PhilCo126_*
post May 20 2006, 08:08 PM
Post #8

Guests

The image attached at the first post of this (interesting) topic is a typical example of a 'bad' photograph, although for the Soviet-Russian unmanned spacecraft, it's difficult to find something High-resolution other than TASS photos, which are mostly 'enhanced' wink.gif
To prove my point about the difficulty to find High-resolution photos, just try to find a good color image of the Voyager 1 & 2 spacecraft being assembled or being prepared for launch !
... unsure.gif

+Quote Post
GregM
post May 21 2006, 03:54 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 175

+Quote Post
Guest_PhilCo126_*
post May 21 2006, 06:26 PM
Post #10

Guests

I've found these images of Voyager on the web:
http://www.scienceandsociety.co.uk/results...T,+USA,+VOYAGER

Post Scriptum: Try SEARCH-word "Unmanned spacecraft" ... High-resolution scans could be made wink.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_PhilCo126_*
post May 26 2006, 07:22 PM
Post #11

Guests

Doug, what's the limit on image size here for attachments? Didn't find the answer in the HELP topics, sorry ...
quote: If you upload an image file, it may be shown in the content of the post, all other file types will be linked to.

+Quote Post
Guest_DonPMitchell_*
post May 26 2006, 07:36 PM
Post #12

Guests

This is a great idea. Dave William's site at NSSDC has a lot of photos, and a few years ago I sent him a lot of Soviet spacecraft images, which are posted there now. Some, like the Sky & Telescope picture of the Venera-13 lander that you see there and everywhere is actaully a horrible model. I have a closer picture form another angle, and the thing looks like it was made from paper mache and aluminum foil. So it is a problem to find actual spacecrafts.

Mission Chronology

Phil, do you have some good photos of Pioneer-5? I'd love to find a nice copy of this photo:

[attachment=5884:attachment]

+Quote Post
Bob Shaw
post May 26 2006, 10:41 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 239

QUOTE (PhilCo126 @ May 26 2006, 08:22 PM) *
Doug, what's the limit on image size here for attachments? Didn't find the answer in the HELP topics, sorry ...
quote: If you upload an image file, it may be shown in the content of the post, all other file types will be linked to.

Philip:

The board seems to let you upload 1Mb in total. As posts in a thread are now aggregated, you can't just post another message at once with another picture - you have to wait a bit. But, fair enough - you can always post a link to an image hosting site.

Bob Shaw

--------------------
Remember: Time Flies like the wind - but Fruit Flies like bananas!

+Quote Post
djellison
post May 27 2006, 07:00 AM
Post #14

Founder

Group: Chairman
Member No.: 1

QUOTE (PhilCo126 @ May 26 2006, 08:22 PM) *
Doug, what's the limit on image size here for attachments?

1 meg. And a member has a total budget for all their messages. Attachment's are the actual limiting factor for hosting - we're nearly at the 1gb level as it is and purely for long term sustainability, I have to keep a tight rope on them.

Doug

+Quote Post
dilo
post May 27 2006, 08:47 AM
Post #15

Member No.: 150

Doug, I'm curious.
How much attachment total budget for each member? It is possible to know personal amount and remaining space?

--------------------
I always think before posting! - Marco -

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 05:59 AM
RULES AND GUIDELINES
Please read the Forum Rules and Guidelines before posting.

IMAGE COPYRIGHT
Images posted on UnmannedSpaceflight.com may be copyrighted. Do not reproduce without permission. Read here for further information on space images and copyright.

OPINIONS AND MODERATION
Opinions expressed on UnmannedSpaceflight.com are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of UnmannedSpaceflight.com or The Planetary Society. The all-volunteer UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderation team is wholly independent of The Planetary Society. The Planetary Society has no influence over decisions made by the UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderators.
SUPPORT THE FORUM
Unmannedspaceflight.com is funded by the Planetary Society. Please consider supporting our work and many other projects by donating to the Society or becoming a member.