Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Sol288 6 Image Panorama, 3D panorama
MizarKey
post Nov 12 2004, 02:49 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 45

Let me start by saying 'sorry' to those of you on dial-up...

I've posted a 7.7mb panorama from Sol288 pancam images. I used PTGUI to stitch them (love that program). It's 4838x1174.

Here's the link: http://members.aol.com/mizarkey/Sol2883d.jpg

This is my first attempt with PTGUI.

Best viewed with Red/Blue glasses and from 2~3 feet (~1 meter) from the monitor.

At the last moment I thought about it...I've also attached a 1280x311 444k image below for the dial-ups.

MizarKey
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
Eric P / MizarKey
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Baltic
post Nov 12 2004, 09:20 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 54

QUOTE (MizarKey @ Nov 12 2004, 02:49 AM)
This is my first attempt with PTGUI.

Good work! Can be seen better with my glasses than a typical Nasa release.

Tom

+Quote Post
djellison
post Nov 12 2004, 09:45 AM
Post #3

Founder

Group: Chairman
Member No.: 1

Yup - NASA do their Anas very quickly and dirtily. Us PTGui Artists ( wink.gif ) use a little talent and a little time to make them much better smile.gif

One thing you might want to do - is open it up in photoshop, and take the blue channel and tone it RIGHT down - to 20% of current brightness, and then you get the ESA anaglyph colourscheme that I find works even better!

Doug

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 01:14 PM
RULES AND GUIDELINES
Please read the Forum Rules and Guidelines before posting.

IMAGE COPYRIGHT
Images posted on UnmannedSpaceflight.com may be copyrighted. Do not reproduce without permission. Read here for further information on space images and copyright.

OPINIONS AND MODERATION
Opinions expressed on UnmannedSpaceflight.com are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of UnmannedSpaceflight.com or The Planetary Society. The all-volunteer UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderation team is wholly independent of The Planetary Society. The Planetary Society has no influence over decisions made by the UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderators.
SUPPORT THE FORUM
Unmannedspaceflight.com is funded by the Planetary Society. Please consider supporting our work and many other projects by donating to the Society or becoming a member.