Reply to this topicStart new topic
Similarity Based Browsing of Phoenix Images, Metadata Data Based Similarity
elakdawalla
post Jun 24 2008, 09:22 PM
Post #16

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 454

I reproduced phase4's error the first time I visited the site, when I plugged in an Image ID that still had ".jpg" on the end of it. When I took the ".jpg" off it worked just fine. It prolly wouldn't hurt to build in the ability to strip that off the end of the image ID, or put in an instruction that says to take it off the image file name.

In the starting images area it'd be nice to have one starting image for Dodo/Goldilocks and one for the Snow White area.

The search I'll probably be using this site to do most often is one for images of the DVD, so it'd be nice to see a starting image (or at least a link) for that, but others may not agree.

This site is definitely useful, and will become increasingly useful as the sols go by. Thanks!

Emily

--------------------
My website - My Patreon - @elakdawalla on Twitter - Please support unmannedspaceflight.com by donating here.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jaredGalen
post Jun 24 2008, 09:29 PM
Post #17

Group: Members
Member No.: 123

Hi,
Thanks for the info helvick, hadn't thought about script blockers etc, but don't think they will be a problem, except for the slideshow (maybe), hopefully not.

Emily, that's just the kind of suggestion I need to hear. I'll add that it in or maybe add a requests page too. Good point about the .jpg extension too. Bug reports!! Yayyy.

Edwin

--------------------
Turn the middle side topwise....TOPWISE!!

+Quote Post
jaredGalen
post Jun 26 2008, 03:50 PM
Post #18

I have updated the dataset from MMB this morning.

I also added some more starting images on the start page. If there are suggestions people have maybe post the image ID here or email it to me at phoenixbrowser_at_gmail_dot_com.

And finally, if anyone creates a slide show from images on the site, you can copy the link provided (just above the show) and post it anywhere. It can be accessed by anyone via that link.
(N.B at the moment the slide show will only show SSI images. I don't have a way of serving up the others right now, sorry)

--------------------

+Quote Post
phase4
post Jun 26 2008, 06:03 PM
Post #19

Member No.: 1584

I'm so sorry for all the fuss. It seems that my browser(s) were set to refuse website cookies.
Once enabled... everything works as advertised. rolleyes.gif

Thanks very much for the patience. Now if you'll excuse me, i'll go hide under a very big rock...

--------------------

+Quote Post
jaredGalen
post Jun 26 2008, 06:09 PM
Post #20

Ahhhh, okay then. Though you did put me onto a related problem all the same, so thanks smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
imipak
post Jun 26 2008, 08:29 PM
Post #21

Member No.: 617

A wizened old hacker passed this story on to me many years ago.

The novice programmer went to the master and complained: "The users are reporting bugs that are their own fault, for they misconfigure their clients. They do not understand their application's interface, nor grasp the subtle complexities of the underlying network architecture."

The master replied: "The bugs were reported not reported by the users, but by the Tao."

The novice was enlightened. He returned to his desk and worked diligently to fix the bugs.

...I'm still a terrible coder though biggrin.gif

--------------------
--
Viva software libre!

+Quote Post
jaredGalen
post Jul 1 2008, 05:27 PM
Post #22

I've update the dataset to sol 35.

I also allow users to enter in their own queries, so you can enter any number for Azimuth, Elevation etc.
Finally, the slideshow feature now works with RAC images. I'll fix the image proportions once I figure out how blink.gif

You can only have all SSI images or all RAC images in the slide show, if you mix them, it will only show the type that you add first.

--------------------

+Quote Post
jmknapp
post Jul 11 2008, 12:34 AM
Post #23

Member No.: 13

Hey, just tried this for locating sky images--nice! I searched for anything with elevation like 50 & got a number of sky shots. Very slick!

--------------------

+Quote Post
jaredGalen
post Jul 11 2008, 08:57 AM
Post #24

Hi,
Glad you found it of some use. smile.gif I update the dataset to sol 42 actually.

There's a heap of improvements to be made, just a matter of getting around to it. One thing I was thinking about was allowing people to register a username, allowing you to login and have your own homepage.

Here you could have favorite searches/images that you commonly use to do a search etc. Also allow you to save the image property weights/importance values that you want to use. Perhaps even keep you favorite slideshows.

Might give it a go this weekend. Even if it's not used I think it's still cool to have biggrin.gif

Thanks for the feedback!

--------------------

+Quote Post
jaredGalen
post Jul 23 2008, 10:18 PM
Post #25

I have moved my site to a different server, so if anyone does have a bookmark, it may be best to update it using the link in my signature below.

I updated the dataset to sol 56. 9854 raw image products. Although I think I may be missing a few.... unsure.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
jaredGalen
post Jul 29 2008, 12:45 PM
Post #26

My server will be going down for the next week if anyone is wondering or trying to access it.

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 05:51 PM
RULES AND GUIDELINES
Please read the Forum Rules and Guidelines before posting.

IMAGE COPYRIGHT
Images posted on UnmannedSpaceflight.com may be copyrighted. Do not reproduce without permission. Read here for further information on space images and copyright.

OPINIONS AND MODERATION
Opinions expressed on UnmannedSpaceflight.com are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of UnmannedSpaceflight.com or The Planetary Society. The all-volunteer UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderation team is wholly independent of The Planetary Society. The Planetary Society has no influence over decisions made by the UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderators.
SUPPORT THE FORUM
Unmannedspaceflight.com is funded by the Planetary Society. Please consider supporting our work and many other projects by donating to the Society or becoming a member.