IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Did Phoenix start the Twitter craze?
Guest_Sunspot_*
post May 11 2009, 12:21 PM
Post #1

Guests

I'd never heard of Twitter or seen any reference to it online any where before Veronica McGregor started posting mission news and updates via twitter...There are dozens of media reports about how successful the Phoenix/Twitter outreach was. Did Phoenix have a role in starting the twitter craze?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
nprev
post May 11 2009, 12:23 PM
Post #2

Merciless Robot

Group: Admin
Member No.: 602

Now, now. Veronica's a very nice lady; we don't want to blame her for that! rolleyes.gif tongue.gif

--------------------
A few will take this knowledge and use this power of a dream realized as a force for change, an impetus for further discovery to make less ancient dreams real.

+Quote Post
centsworth_II
post May 11 2009, 04:19 PM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 132

QUOTE (Sunspot @ May 11 2009, 08:21 AM) *
...Did Phoenix have a role in starting the twitter craze?

laugh.gif
Here are the statistics for acting heartthrob Ashton Kutcher and UMSF heartthrob Mars Phoenix:

Mars Phoenix Twitter: 44,191 Followers
Ashton Kutcher Twitter: 1,695,313 Followers

Not even close! (Sad but true. I think Twitter would have caught on just fine without Phoenix.)
Attached Image

Edit: In the five minutes since I posted, the Phoenix twitter followers grew by 5... the Kutcher followers by 200 plus. sad.gif

+Quote Post
ElkGroveDan
post May 11 2009, 06:06 PM
Post #4

Group: Admin
Member No.: 197

It did for me. Though I don't really use it much.

--------------------
If Occam had heard my theory, things would be very different now.

+Quote Post
aggieastronaut
post May 11 2009, 06:32 PM
Post #5

Group: Members
Member No.: 3568

I wouldn't say Veronica started the Twitter craze, but she was one of the founding ladies of NASA's use of social media. smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 06:44 AM
RULES AND GUIDELINES
Please read the Forum Rules and Guidelines before posting.

IMAGE COPYRIGHT
Images posted on UnmannedSpaceflight.com may be copyrighted. Do not reproduce without permission. Read here for further information on space images and copyright.

OPINIONS AND MODERATION
Opinions expressed on UnmannedSpaceflight.com are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of UnmannedSpaceflight.com or The Planetary Society. The all-volunteer UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderation team is wholly independent of The Planetary Society. The Planetary Society has no influence over decisions made by the UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderators.
SUPPORT THE FORUM
Unmannedspaceflight.com is funded by the Planetary Society. Please consider supporting our work and many other projects by donating to the Society or becoming a member.