Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What Is This?
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > EVA > Chit Chat
Enrique Bunbury
I see this yesterday in the sky (dont joke please, its not a fake) ... sorry for the digital zoom

I think that is a aircraft but, its strange. Isnt it?

Click to view attachment
Enrique Bunbury
Original photos wth digital zoom sad.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
maycm
Where were these photo's taken?
RedSky
Why is the lower right corner of the first original image blanked out? Did it have the date? Yes, key questions: where and when.
Tesheiner
The question for "when" seems to be answered on the first post.

> I see this yesterday in the sky (dont joke please, its not a fake) ... sorry for the digital zoom
Richard Trigaux
Dark shadow to the condensation trail seems anomalous for two reasons:
-small clouds shadows are usually light grey
-seen from the ground, a dark object at high altitude appears blue like the surrounding sky, not black

I deduce that this black "shadow" is an imaging artifact, not a real shadow. Thus the "shadows" on the main object are imaging artifacts too, for the same reason. Such imaging artifacts often happen in digital systems when ther is a bright spot which saturates the electronics, or make a low pass filter "bounce", or with jpeg compression (which seems the case here).

So what remains is indiscernible from a very ordinary aircraft fuselage (the wings and fins being not visible, as it is often the case, as they are in the shadow, so they look dark and then they disappear in the blue. Maybe this aircraft has two engine attached to the back of the fuselage, like the old french Caravelles.

Sorry Enrique!

Doug, this is what I call ufology. Interesting things begin only when we CANNOT find such explanations. Am I wrong?
djellison
It's not too bad at the moment smile.gif - I'm moving it though, it's not manned spaceflight.

Doug
Richard Trigaux
QUOTE (djellison @ Dec 21 2005, 05:04 PM)
I'm moving it though, it's not manned spaceflight.

Doug

Sometimes people ask questions here, in hope to find informed replies.
djellison
I dont mind it being at UMSF, but it was in the wrong sub-forum. It wasnt manned spaceflight (i.e. Soyuz, Shuttle, Shenzou etc) - it was more the off-topic forum called EVA MMU smile.gif

Doug
ljk4-1
QUOTE (djellison @ Dec 21 2005, 04:36 PM)
I dont mind it being at UMSF, but it was in the wrong sub-forum. It wasnt manned spaceflight (i.e. Soyuz, Shuttle, Shenzou etc) - it was more the off-topic forum called EVA MMU smile.gif

Doug

Any chance that topic forum could have its named changed to something more relevant to its focus? Thanks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.