Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mer Sfx Images
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > Mars & Missions > Past and Future > MER > Spirit
Pages: 1, 2
djellison
Quoting from Grotzinger et.al. in EPSL

"To obtain true stratigraphic thicknesses, one must be able to correct for deformation of strata associated with folding, faulting, and brecciation due to impact. At Eagle, Anatolia, and Fram the bedrock is fractured and consists of rotated blocks. In general, systematic deformation patterns are absent, which precludes ordering of the stratigraphy at those locations. Exceptions to this are the El Capitan and Big Bend areas of Eagle crater, where strata can be traced laterally for several meters as mostly intact units"

Doug
imipak
QUOTE (dilo @ Mar 1 2006, 12:35 AM) *
Welcome to IPTG club, guys! (Image Processing Therapy Group) tongue.gif

Hello everyone, my name's Imipak, and... I'm a Mars addict. unsure.gif

Astro0 -- remember, your 'sad' hobby is not just keeping you off the streets wink.gif but the exercise of your creativity is giving a lot of pleasure to me, and everyone else I'm sure. And - seeing as I seem to be in 'yer-me-bestest-mate' mode *) - I'd like to say a huige thank-you to everyone who's posting imagery here. I love it all! In fact I enjoy images that get worked-on and improved most of all. Single pancam shots of a patch of sand looks fantastic to me, afte 12 years waiting for Pathfinder! A simple two or three shot pan is even better, but seeing others then get more out of those already stunning pics is fascinating. And inspiring... (it's inspiring me into thinking it's time I finally retired this P2 to file server duties and bought a new computer and a couple of nice flat screens... hmmm and MMB is written in Java, and GPL'd, and reading other people's code is always interesting. Yes, my (other) idea of fun is reading other people's source code wink.gif )
Astro0
To everyone in the IPTG on the UMSF,
I invite you all to send your SFX contributions to this new thread
>MER>Tech, General & Imagery>MER SFX Images

Astro0 wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.