Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My personnal MER 3d software
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > Mars & Missions > MER > Tech, General and Imagery
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Tesheiner
Don't call it unlabelled image; the rover's path was superimposed on the picture and the left part of it reminded me of the "northwest detour" (sols 619-631), so the actual site would have to be nearby. biggrin.gif
Indian3000
My first attempt to match satelite and ground view

opportunity on site 62 ( sol 582 - 617 )

Generated with my software and XYL/RSL data

Click to view attachment

superimposed on satellite view

Click to view attachment

and references marks

Click to view attachment

and video ( but it's not very good by this way ) sad.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nov3QSYsH5c
Phil Stooke
Amazing stuff. Thanks for this great contribution!

Phil
djellison
Utterly brilliant stuff.

I scrolled my way around the mobility data for all of Opportunity (I still don't understand how they got back from Pan Pos 2 to Karatepe before going in smile.gif ) - and actually, it's not too bad, a few 'burps' in the data

Not sure if it would be any use, but there is new data from OSU that puts each site and drive into an accurate global frame...

http://anserver1.eprsl.wustl.edu/anteam/merb/merb.htm

I'm off to bribe my ISP so I can download thousands of XYLs smile.gif

Doug
dilo
Indian, this strongly recall the work I did with Pov-Ray re-projected images during approach to Erebus! ohmy.gif
Obviously, your work is more rigorous both in terms of path/coordinates both in terms of DEM (I worked with flat terrain!).
I suggest you to increase the contrast of the projected terrain in order to better distinguish/compare these features.
What about more recent data? (I guess official coordinates and DEMs aren't yet available, correct?)
tfisher
Partial success: by copying the ICSharpCode dll from the earlier zip file I get the R3 version to run and display something of images. But the whole wedges won't show at once; in fact only columns of pixels which are partly in the window and partly offscreen seem to show. Odd.
Click to view attachment
Indian3000
QUOTE (tfisher @ May 19 2006, 03:44 AM) *
Partial success: by copying the ICSharpCode dll from the earlier zip file I get the R3 version to run and display something of images. But the whole wedges won't show at once; in fact only columns of pixels which are partly in the window and partly offscreen seem to show. Odd.
Click to view attachment

and with R2 you have the same probleme.

try with more xyl ...
Indian3000
QUOTE (djellison @ May 18 2006, 09:46 PM) *
Not sure if it would be any use, but there is new data from OSU that puts each site and drive into an accurate global frame...

Doug

yes I am entraint to look at if both are in phase
Indian3000
QUOTE (dilo @ May 18 2006, 09:51 PM) *
Indian, this strongly recall the work I did with Pov-Ray re-projected images during approach to Erebus! ohmy.gif
Obviously, your work is more rigorous both in terms of path/coordinates both in terms of DEM (I worked with flat terrain!).
I suggest you to increase the contrast of the projected terrain in order to better distinguish/compare these features.
What about more recent data? (I guess official coordinates and DEMs aren't yet available, correct?)

I think that there are only DEM for Eagle and Endurance, but if somebody has the DEM for Columbia Hill, I am very interest

i can take some screenshoot with a better resolution, if you want ...
djellison
If you like DEM's..
ftp://ftpflag.wr.usgs.gov/dist/pigpen/mars/usgs/topo/moc_na/

Doug
djellison
For those that use WGET..

CODE
wget -r -nc -np -A "*xyl*.img","*rsl*.img" -I,"*rdr*" http://pdsimg.jpl.nasa.gov/data/mer/mer1no_0xxx/data/sol0070/

Obviously - mer1 is Oppy - swop that to mer2 for Spirit..and the sol number is self explan. really. It gets just the XYL and IMG's - nothing else.

Alternatively
CODE
wget -r -nc -np -A "*rsl*.img.jpg" -I,"*rdr*" http://pdsimg.jpl.nasa.gov/data/mer/mer1no_0xxx/browse/sol0005/
for the JPG's instead of IMG's - and just cut the "*rsl*.img" out of the first one instead.

Doug
djellison
Meanwhile, just a bit of fun...
Indian3000
QUOTE (djellison @ May 19 2006, 06:10 PM) *
Meanwhile, just a bit of fun...

good work biggrin.gif

i dont know the english equivalent expression,but in french

"ce faire couper l'herbe sous le pied" tongue.gif

i work on a same module,
two thing, stereo screenshot and
stereo realtime navigation.

i work too on "dem" viewer smile.gif thanx for the link
Indian3000
XYL /RSL viewer is only a small part of my program.

here is two year of my life and some thousand hundred of line of code.

the first lines of code one was written little time after the landing of opportunity.

this is screenshot of version 1.0, write version 2.0 now ... smile.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

web update smile.gif

Click to view attachment

version 2
you recognize some element biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment

my plan is to share this, but it is still too early. the program is not stable, but in several month, i thing make a release.
MaxSt
that's crazy... biggrin.gif

By the way, can you make "top views" from very recent Opportunity images?
Nix
Man that IS crazy. I have so much to learn ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

Top-stuff Indian.

Nico
Bob Shaw
You either share it *soon* or Doug sends round a white-skinned guy in a monk suit!

Just for a 'chat', capice?

Bob Shaw
CosmicRocker
QUOTE (djellison @ May 19 2006, 05:15 AM) *
For those that use WGET...
Thanks for mentioning that, Doug. It should greatly simplify the data downloading process. smile.gif

Indian3000: We will eagerly anticipate version 2.0. Thanks for sharing your excellent work with us.
Nix
laugh.gif Bob! Ahum.. cool.gif

shall I make a visit?

Nico
djellison
Actually, I just completed the game 'Mafia' so I know what to do.

Pretend your name is Paulie, grab a car, get gun's from a guy down on the south side..then go and 'pay him a little visit' to 'offer Mr Salieri's regards'

V2 looks astonishing, downloading tools in there as well. It's basically SAP / RSVP for the amateur community!

Doug
djellison
I set off grabbing stuff site by site for the drive from Spirit's landing site to Bonneville, but I've found a bug ( i think )

Basically, it's dumping every site on the same spot ohmy.gif

Doug
Indian3000
QUOTE (djellison @ May 20 2006, 10:17 AM) *
I set off grabbing stuff site by site for the drive from Spirit's landing site to Bonneville, but I've found a bug ( i think )

Basically, it's dumping every site on the same spot ohmy.gif

Doug

it's not a bug, don't mix site now you can mix drive but no site, see post #44
i need a better Rover Mobility path before site mix.
djellison
Ahhhh smile.gif I get it now.

Not sure how easy it would be - but when it comes to screen-shots and map making - it would be nice to have a value in the top corner that says the current F.O.V - so we can zoom in/out the same ammount every time we load it to make sure we're looking at the same ammount of 'stuff' smile.gif

Doug
Indian3000
QUOTE (djellison @ May 20 2006, 12:46 PM) *
Ahhhh smile.gif I get it now.

Not sure how easy it would be - but when it comes to screen-shots and map making - it would be nice to have a value in the top corner that says the current F.O.V - so we can zoom in/out the same ammount every time we load it to make sure we're looking at the same ammount of 'stuff' smile.gif

Doug

yes, why not, a bookmark of view ... cool idea smile.gif , for the F.O.V i do'nt change it, it'is fixed to 45 deg. ( PI / 4 ) Rad.

some informations about parameters you can change the column radius ( 16 by default ) but if you change it you need to "check" the column REGEN ( for regeneretion , i recomputer a new mesh when the column is checked and you click on view ) 16 is a good value, after that, the precission and details are bad.

ha other thing a square in blue grid is a square 1 meter by 1 meter ( ex : radius is 16 then mesh is filtred 16 meter around the rover site-drive.) in others terms 1 unit in 3d world is 1 meter

with a right click in 3d form, you can show/hide Path et Path references, quaternion option is not used any more.
djellison
Ahh - it's a fixed 45 deg FOV.

Would it be possible to have a height of the 'camera' above the reference plane then - just a means to check the height of the camera smile.gif

Also - are these Ortho or Perspective views?

Doug
Indian3000
QUOTE (djellison @ May 20 2006, 04:44 PM) *
Ahh - it's a fixed 45 deg FOV.

Would it be possible to have a height of the 'camera' above the reference plane then - just a means to check the height of the camera smile.gif

Also - are these Ortho or Perspective views?

Doug

it's a PerspectiveFovRH view.

Click to view attachment
djellison
R4 crashes on 'view' for me...
CODE
"************** Exception Text **************
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: One or more files do not match the primary file of the database. If you are attempting to attach a database, retry the operation with the correct files.  If this is an existing database, the file may be corrupted and should be restored from a backup.
Cannot open user default database. Login failed.
Login failed for user 'FATBOYSLIM\Doug'.
Log file 'C:\Documents and Settings\Doug\Desktop\3d_site_viewer_R3_without_index_buffer\MarsRoverDatabase_log.LDF' does not match the primary file.  It may be from a different database or the log may have been rebuilt previously.
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.CompleteLogin(Boolean enlistOK)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.OpenLoginEnlist(SqlConnection owningObject, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, String newPassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds..ctor(DbConnectionPoolIdentity identity, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, Object providerInfo, String newPassword, SqlConnection owningObject, Boolean redirectedUserInstance)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningConnection)
   at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreatePooledConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnectionOptions options)
   at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.CreateObject(DbConnection owningObject)
   at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.UserCreateRequest(DbConnection owningObject)
   at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConnection(DbConnection owningObject)
   at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection)
   at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open()
   at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillInternal(DataSet dataset, DataTable[] datatables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)
   at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataTable[] dataTables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)
   at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataTable dataTable)
   at MarsRoverCenterLibrary.Data.MarsRoverDatabaseDataSetTableAdapters.RAW_LOCATIONTa
leAdapter.GetDataByRefSite(String SPACECRAFT_ID, Nullable`1 SITE_REF, Nullable`1 SITE_DIFF)
   at MarsRoverCenterLibrary.Forms.FormMRC3DSite.backgroundWorker1_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)"
Indian3000
try delete this file "MarsRoverDatabase_log.LDF"

keep only file in zip
djellison
Ah - I had to kill the SQL services, but after that I could delete it, restart, and all is good once again smile.gif

Nicely done with the camera height smile.gif

Doug
Bob Shaw
Somebody *please* throw a bucket of water over Doug - he'll burst if this goes on!

Not to mention the rest of the 3-D brigade...

Bob Shaw
Nix
laugh.gif yeah, I'll keep the bucket ready smile.gif

I'm busy on deciding which graphics card to go buy to run this show!

Nico
Bob Shaw
Some of you guys may also like this:

http://www.spg.cz/ivan/

It's Ivan's 3-D VRML page, with several spacecraft.

Bob Shaw
Indian3000
I have a request,

somebody has a good description or better source code about format VST

I can read header but a have some difficult about LOD reading.

thx.
MaxSt
Here are VST docs and my source code.
Indian3000
a very big thanks to MaxSt for vst code biggrin.gif

it was to to me of a very great utility.

I have it code in C#, and see first result

VST file in left and my mesh creation in rigth

Click to view attachment

we have some differences smile.gif

VST is in Cam reference and XYL is in Site reference smile.gif

I do not arrive yet has to make agreed between the two, but I work on this.

I am not sure to exploit the VST correctly
Indian3000
Release of MarsRoverCenter3DDemViewer

Click to view attachment

unzip files

MarsRoverCenter3DDemViewer_R1.zip
GusevHills_DEM_R1_1.zip
Texture_R1_1.zip

in one directory

you need something like this

Click to view attachment

Framework .NET 2.0 and directX 9.0c are requis.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Indian3000
Click to view attachment

command
- left click for pan
- right click for rotation
- wheel for zoom

enjoy. biggrin.gif
Nix
Woaw ohmy.gif It looks awesome but I still haven't tried it out -shame on me. I hope I find some time soon!

Awesome work..

Nico
aldo12xu
Indian3000!!! I got the Columbia Hills DEM to work! It took me a few downloads, mind you before I got it. And now I've been spinning and rotating the image, seeing structures and interesting geological connections that weren't noticeable before. Thanks so much for sharing your program!

I'm going to try tackling your 3D site viewer next, meaning I'll be up to 3 in the morning smile.gif
Indian3000
R2 With "Full" MOC S12-00095 texture smile.gif

caution :
Install R2 over R1 because "MarsRoverCenter3DDemViewer_R2.zip" file does not contain all the necessary files.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
aldo12xu
Cool! I can't wait to play with it when I get home from work.......as for "Install R2 over R1" do you mean I delete R1 and then install R2 only?
Indian3000
QUOTE (aldo12xu @ Jul 31 2006, 05:19 PM) *
Cool! I can't wait to play with it when I get home from work.......as for "Install R2 over R1" do you mean I delete R1 and then install R2 only?

no, just unzip in the same repertory that R1, keeping the files which is in R1 and not in R2
aldo12xu
Alright! the cPROTO version is working fine as well. If I do some interpretation and draw lines on the source S12-00095m100-3 image, will your viewer automatically include those lines in your 3D model?
Indian3000
QUOTE (aldo12xu @ Aug 1 2006, 04:35 AM) *
Alright! the cPROTO version is working fine as well. If I do some interpretation and draw lines on the source S12-00095m100-3 image, will your viewer automatically include those lines in your 3D model?

yes smile.gif
CosmicRocker
Many thanks, Indian3000. Damn, there is just so much else going on today, and now this long-awaited update. I'll grab the files from the fatter pipe at work, tomorrow. smile.gif
Indian3000
MarsRoverCenterAntiVignetting R1 Release. ( MER .NET Anti-Vignetting )

based on MichaelT methode

http://www.unmannedspaceflight.com/index.p...ost&p=18469

you need only a Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 on your machine.

Batch traitment is supported.
Juste add file in queue and push start smile.gif
support only the mer square images.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
djellison
Good grief - it's a one man software empire!

Doug
CosmicRocker
Good grief somehow seems to be an understatement, but after spinning and panning around in the DEM views tonight, I can't find anything more eloquent to say than OMG! The route map overlay was really sweet. I was going to post a screenshot, but I have been too busy playing with this new toy. I haven't even had a chance to try the anti-vignetting module, yet.

Indian3000: It is working beautifully for me. I would like to learn more about the controls, and how to use other DEMs, textures, etc, if that can be done.

Congratulations. This is very, very nice. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.