Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ciclops Golf
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > Outer Solar System > Saturn > Cassini Huygens > Cassini general discussion and science results
PhilCo126
Check out:
http://ciclops.org/sector6/golf.php
biggrin.gif
Ant103
biggrin.gif

Very very funny biggrin.gif
Two balls lose in orbit biggrin.gif
Marz
QUOTE (Ant103 @ Mar 28 2007, 01:47 PM) *
biggrin.gif

Very very funny biggrin.gif
Two balls lose in orbit biggrin.gif

Oh man! I've created another ring around Saturn, called Topflight-5. sad.gif I lost a few swings on the 1st hole on learning the swing, and then the putting "green" really became my tough spot. I was doing great on the back 9, until Janus demanded some new moonlets.
djellison
That is just BIZARRE

Kind of cool though.

Doug
um3k
So when will we be seeing this on the Wii? tongue.gif
AndyG
I think it's time I released my "O'Neill Habitat Darts" to the world. biggrin.gif

Andy
Juramike
I can't wait for the 3D version! Maybe they'll let us do a gravity assist for Par3 shot!
CosmicRocker
Now that this thing has gone out of beta it is unbelievable how good some users have become. I donated my fair-share contributions to the Topflight-5 ring and the interplanetary continuum. (still waiting for imagery of that) and eventually tied Tiger for the top position on the front 9. I was using my IRC nickname, "rockhound."

But how insane is it that people are now posting scores in the teens? It's a fun game, but I don't have any aspirations of becoming that skilled in this virtual sport.

I noticed some other nifty, new features at the Ciclops site. There is an RSS feed, and the Science link in the left-side frame takes you to links to a convenient collection of papers, abstracts, and some other files.
ugordan
Yes, they've been adding more and more functionality to the site lately. Only thing they should do is change the server/connection. They have been adding more and more multimedia and large mosaics and the server has been known to almost die of overload.
djellison
I've found the Ciclops website to be at best slow, and usually unuseably slow almost all the time.

Doug
Rob Pinnegar
<<GROAN>> I'm even worse at virtual golf than the real thing.

I actually managed to get the ball to make a complete orbit around Hyperion and it landed back EXACTLY where it started. My little space-man didn't even move for the next shot. D'ohh!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.