Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Test your Martian knowledge
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > Mars & Missions > Mars
Thu
What's your Martian IQ? Visit here and give it a try http://www.planetary.org/explore/topics/marstrivia/ mars.gif

Hope the next questions will be more challenging and exciting as well smile.gif
jamescanvin
Hurrah.

Just found out that I've won the second prize (Mars poster) last week. smile.gif
TheChemist
And the chances the poster is from an image you have assembled yourself are .... ? smile.gif
nprev
QUOTE (jamescanvin @ Oct 14 2007, 05:14 AM) *
Just found out that I've won the second prize (Mars poster) last week. smile.gif

Congrats, James! I entered today, but I suspect that something like, oh, 100% of the entrants will get it right...not optimistic.
elakdawalla
Sorry the questions aren't more challenging for you guys, but think a minute about what the point of this exercise might be. For this week's question, anyone who has to Google the answer probably never thought about Martian gravity. Then to find out what it is, they might think, hey, what would it be like to be on Mars, then they might think, "hey, that's cool..." or perhaps "have there ever been any humans sent to Mars?" and then "why not?" and then by the time they've answered that question perhaps they're hooked a little more in to space than they used to be.

Also it doesn't hurt us if we get a little Web traffic sent our way by Discovery Canada smile.gif

--Emily
nprev
Boy, I must really love the taste of my foot...I stick it in my mouth so often! rolleyes.gif

Sorry, Emily; believe me, no criticism intended at all, and I'm sure we all understand that it's a public outreach effort, not tailored for hardcore spacefreekz like us! All I was whining about was the fact that there's probably no way I'm gonna win that book...aw, poor me! laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.