Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Phoenix EDL movie
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > Mars & Missions > Past and Future > Phoenix
jmknapp
Here's a movie I made of the Phoenix EDL, mashing up a visualization based on NAIF/PDS data with an audio track of mission control communication against a techno/trance soundtrack ("Mars Hymn" by Hans Gruber, used with permission). It runs at 15x real time, mostly from the point of view of MRO:

Phoenix EDL movie (51MB mpg file)

Stu
Wow... a bit lost for words after seeing that! Brings a whole new 'feel' to the landing! Great job! smile.gif

Yet more proof - if any were needed - that there is an almost embarrassingly great amount of talent here on UMSF. First Doug's animation, then Glen's, now this, and all the other mosaics, panoramas, enhancements, scripts, colourisations and data handling applications... genuinely very humbling to be part of this amazing community now.
jmknapp
Aw shucks--'twarent nothin!
Astro0
That's just 100% brilliant!
Well done jmknapp.

BTW - Stu, let's not forget to credit your brilliant prose when talking about the talent on UMSF smile.gif

Astro0
Shaka
And your poetry's not bad either, Stuey!
cool.gif
Stu
Thanks, but naaah, really there's no comparison: me: an hour or so curled up on the sofa or sat by a castle with a notepad and a pen... you movie guys: universe knows how many hours - or days - using complicated software and hardware, then adding music, to make something jaw dropping! laugh.gif
Skyrunner
Whoa jmknapp, I now have a new ringtone smile.gif Masterfully done!
dmuller
marvellous!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.