Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Send Your Name to Mars onboard the MSL!
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > Mars & Missions > MSL
punkboi
It's still more than 2 years before the rover launches, so there's no deadline for submission yet. smile.gif

http://mars.jpl.nasa.gov/msl/participate/sendyourname/
Astro0
First in Australia to sign up! smile.gif
Come on UMSF'ers all over Earth, show your support and sign up for another Mars mission.

Actually, this is quite a nice looking certificate this time, very frame-worthy.
A lot of certificates from previous 'send your name to...' efforts were better suited to a drawer somewhere.
Click to view attachment
Stu
Brilliant, thanks! Signed up and smiling! smile.gif
Geert
QUOTE (Astro0 @ Mar 23 2009, 03:03 PM) *
First in Australia to sign up! smile.gif

First in Thailand smile.gif

(I'm Dutch by nationality but living in TH, and as there were already NL on the list, I've send TH to Mars).
punkboi
QUOTE (Geert @ Mar 23 2009, 07:54 AM) *
First in Thailand smile.gif

(I'm Dutch by nationality but living in TH, and as there were already NL on the list, I've send TH to Mars).

Being Filipino, I might wanna represent the Philippines, along with California biggrin.gif
Oersted
Norway and Iran in fourth and fifth place? Interesting. I guess there must have been some mainstream media publicity over there.
punkboi
I find it interesting that Brazil's in 2nd... mars.gif
Enceladus75
QUOTE (punkboi @ May 27 2009, 08:05 PM) *
I find it interesting that Brazil's in 2nd... mars.gif

Yes, and Norway has a high rate of international responses, as does, strangely enough, Iran of all places. Just submitted my name. This must be the umpteenth space exploration mission I've sent my name to, but sure what's the harm? laugh.gif
alan
Click to view attachment
At first glance I saw a sun bleached human skeleton on the martian surface in the thumbnail image. blink.gif
What a way to be part of history
punkboi
QUOTE (Enceladus75 @ May 27 2009, 07:05 PM) *
Yes, and Norway has a high rate of international responses, as does, strangely enough, Iran of all places. Just submitted my name. This must be the umpteenth space exploration mission I've sent my name to, but sure what's the harm? laugh.gif

I'm just waiting for the day another outer planet flyby mission presents itself for me to submit my name on. I missed the New Horizons opportunity.. ohmy.gif biggrin.gif
punkboi
Just thought I'd share that one million names have now been submitted for the MSL mission. smile.gif mars.gif

Click on the link in my first post on this thread if you haven't submitted your own name yet
Pertinax
Just in case I'm missing something.... Is there a way to check if a name has already been submited? Someone I know kind of well might have forgotten to save their certificate (and would like to not needlessly add duplicates). unsure.gif

-- Pertinax
punkboi
Unfortunately, there isn't a search database for MSL. Just have your friend re-submit again. Most likely there are scores of duplicate monikers that already make up the 1-million-name list for MSL. smile.gif
punkboi
Photos of the microchips and their location on Curiosity... smile.gif

QUOTE (punkboi @ Aug 18 2012, 05:04 PM) *
Photos of the microchips and their location on Curiosity... smile.gif

Navcam image, I think:

http://mars.jpl.nasa.gov/msl-raw-images/pr...NCAM15000M_.JPG

The cleanroom image appears to have a cover plate with JPL logo. Plate is removed. Anyone know what the recessed area is? Below UHF antenna, above ChemCam calibration targets.
punkboi
QUOTE (1101001 @ Aug 18 2012, 04:43 PM) *
Navcam image, I think:

http://mars.jpl.nasa.gov/msl-raw-images/pr...NCAM15000M_.JPG

The cleanroom image appears to have a cover plate with JPL logo. Plate is removed. Anyone know what the recessed area is? Below UHF antenna, above ChemCam calibration targets.

The chips are more visible in this pic, since there's brighter lighting:

http://photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov/jpeg/PIA16063.jpg

In regards to answering your question, nope-- Don't know what the recessed area is smile.gif
punkboi
Another pic of the microchips...finally shown on Mars
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.