Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Google Mars
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > Mars & Missions > Past and Future > MER > Tech, General and Imagery
Floyd
I've finally decided to get Google Mars on my computer so I can see all Tesheiner's great maps. However, I have searched "Google Mars" on UMSF and there are a a pelethora of scattered hits to forums and entries. I know people have presented how to load the proper files, but maybe Tesheiner or admin could place instructions here and pin the thread so people can easily find all the information in a thread devoted to this issue.

Thanks, Floyd
Tesheiner
Check this post by Emily: Google Mars base maps available for Opportunity's future traverse. It has all the instructions you need to have it up and running.
climber
I can't get Google Mars on my Ipad. Any advise?
Using Eduardo's Kml's with Google Earth I land in Atlantic ocean somewhere near Africa. If then, I search for "Google Mars" from the seach engine included on the top right hand side it goes to (you'll never guess that) ...area 51... wacko.gif
Tesheiner
GE on a PC shows you a box asking if you want to switch to "Mars mode" when loading these files. Dunno on an iPad but in any case you should be able to do it manually (select Mars on the "planet" icon) before loading the KML file.
climber
Gracias Eduardo. The trouble is that there's no planet icon, it's basicaly why I'm asking in case somebody knows.
atomoid
yeah I was hoping as well for my new ipod touch and I cant find any way to get it. so bummer, it seems google earth is just sort of rolled into the maps app, so you don't get Sky or Moon either.

You're probably already using Moe's indescribably excellent Midnight Planets, which i'd say by itself justifies my recent and future ipod/ipad purchases.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.