Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: UMSF@8
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > Forum Guide and Announcements > Forum News
Astro0
Eight years! blink.gif
EIGHT years!! wacko.gif

UMSF marks 8 years on February 8th.
All hail to Doug (djellison) for making our lives so dependent on our daily fix of space images biggrin.gif

In the category of things that have changed since UMSF was born....
I remember when my computer screen was only 4:3 and I only had one to stare at. laugh.gif
Explorer1
Yes, we've come along way, from domain names to content and community.... the next eight should be just as exciting!
climber
It was right on my 50th birthday, sigh rolleyes.gif
nprev
Indeed a milestone, and all credit to our Chairman! A remarkable achievement, sir.
Sunspot
QUOTE (Astro0 @ Feb 6 2012, 09:56 PM) *
In the category of things that have changed since UMSF was born....
I remember when my computer screen was only 4:3 and I only had one to stare at. laugh.gif

Im still using the same computer tongue.gif
brellis
I'm still using my pre-Intel Mac G5, courtesy of the good folks at Edwards AFB. smile.gif

edit: congrats Doug!!
PDP8E
Thanks Doug Ellison!
...And thanks to all the others UMSFers who have taught me to become a much better image processor
8 Years!!
Here is the first MER image that I made in January 2004 on my pdp8 mini-computer ...

INSTRUCTIONS:
(1) Stand way back
(2) squint

Click to view attachment

wink.gif

monty python
As usual, a cool new banner. And to PDP8E -- GEEKY COOL!!! biggrin.gif
djellison
The thanks should really go to the members for the content, the Planetary Society for their support, and the admin team of Glen, Dan and especially Emily for keeping us all on the rails.

I'm just along for the ride smile.gif

Just imagine what the next 8 years could hold.

D
remcook
Well done all on 8 great years! My life has changed so much in these 8 years, and still this place seems basically the same as when it started (only a bit bigger) smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.