Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In The Middle Of Nowhere
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > Mars & Missions > Past and Future > MER > Opportunity
Tman
In the middle of nowhere, but always on the way towards the sun:

Oppy on the way in the nowhere

I don't know whether there is yet a similar one in the forum, my mind was lost in the work tonight smile.gif
lyford
QUOTE (Tman @ Mar 18 2005, 02:45 PM)

I don't know whether there is yet a similar one in the forum, my mind was lost in the work tonight smile.gif

looking good - that's album cover material right there! laugh.gif

What date/sol is this from?
Tman
Thank you. They are from sol 407 (Mar 17).

Maybe sometime we should hold a Mars art exhibition. tongue.gif
TheChemist
I 'm getting old biggrin.gif

http://www.lyricsfreak.com/t/talking-heads/135072.html
Jeff7
QUOTE (Tman @ Mar 18 2005, 10:45 PM)

Right about in the middle there, near the horizon, there looks like some dark material. Is that the crater triplet, or something else possibly of interest?

So they've been to Vostok now; are they going to try for that huge crater Victoria now?
Decepticon
Can you imaging the rover landing on this area!?

Or even better what if Opp landed inside of Endurance crater!
Tman
QUOTE (Jeff7 @ Mar 19 2005, 11:51 AM)
Right about in the middle there, near the horizon, there looks like some dark material. Is that the crater triplet, or something else possibly of interest?

So they've been to Vostok now; are they going to try for that huge crater Victoria now?

Hi Jeff, look at the Thread Bye Bye Vostok (page 5).
ElkGroveDan
QUOTE (Decepticon @ Mar 19 2005, 12:32 PM)

I wondered about that too. Imagine if it rolled to a precarious balance right on the rim of endurance and deflated with a couple of bags hanging over the edge (I know, I know, unlikely, extreme odds and all that).

I suppose there are folks here with friends at JPL who could relate contingency scenarios about precarious egress situations that were hypothesized in the early days of planning.
dot.dk
QUOTE (Decepticon @ Mar 19 2005, 12:32 PM)

My nightmare scenario would be if Oppy landed in the middle of the dunefield in Endurance. Can you imagine if it was working perfect and fully deployd but was stuck in the dunefield with no chance of driving out of it because of the sand ohmy.gif

That would have been a huge bummer for sure sad.gif
Tman
Still another version of the "In the middle of nowhere". I've made "a little" color changing and now it appears Oppy could meet a Mars camel smile.gif

470KB JPGimage (sol408)

Are there still other (color) creations from Oppy's positions that were posted in the forum? Doug? NIX?
Buck Galaxy
QUOTE (Tman @ Mar 22 2005, 11:09 PM)
Still another version of the "In the middle of nowhere". I've made "a little" color changing and now it appears Oppy could meet a Mars camel smile.gif

470KB JPGimage (sol408)

Are there still another (color) creations from Oppy's positions that were posted in the forum? Doug? NIX?

Tman, those nowhere pics are powerful!
Stu
Tman,

Those pictures are things of beauty, seriously. Jumped way up my "favourite Mars pics ever!" list, thanks for sharing them with all of us.

Stu
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.