Full Version: Traversing the Clay-Bearing Unit Along the Base of VRR
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > Mars & Missions > MSL
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
PaulH51
Possibly an inclusion (pebble)
Probably just wishful thinking smile.gif
Click to view attachment
serpens
I don't think it is a clast Paul, but what would I know. Heck, I can't even decide whether this little fella is a clast or a blow in.

PaulH51
QUOTE (serpens @ Jun 22 2019, 03:10 PM) *
I don't think it is a clast Paul, but what would I know. Heck, I can't even decide whether this little fella is a clast or a blow in.

Hmmmm good question. It's one of those I would not bet on either way smile.gif Lot's of eye candy atop this little ridge
jvandriel
The MASTCam R view on Sol 2443.

Jan van Driel

Click to view attachment
Phil Stooke
RMI took an image of Jupiter - quite impressive!

Phil

Click to view attachment
nprev
....aaaand Phil wins the coveted "Pareidolia Of The Year" award. Nicely done! laugh.gif
serpens
Now that is clever.
PaulH51
A shortish drive on Sol 2447. from the thumbnail drive images it looks like the drove back down the slope following the wheel tracks then turned towards the Southwest.
Not many post drive images yet, but here's a nice one looking back up towards the ridge and across Glen Torridon.
Click to view attachment
jvandriel
The Navcam L view on Sol 2447.

Jan van Driel

Click to view attachment
Phil Stooke
Jan's nice panorama in circular form. We drove off the ridge and will soon move further south.

Phil

Click to view attachment
jvandriel
The Navcam L view on Sol 2448.

Jan van Driel

Click to view attachment
jvandriel
The MASTcam L view on Sol 2440.

Jan van Driel

Click to view attachment
jvandriel
and the Navcam L view on Sol 2449.

Jan van Driel

Click to view attachment
Phil Stooke
Circular versions of some of Jan's recent panoramas. I can hardly keep up right now!

Phil

sol 2447: Click to view attachment

sol 2448: Click to view attachment

sol 2449: Click to view attachment
jvandriel
The MASTCam L view on Sol 2441-2443-2446.

A total of 205 images Debayered and stitched.

Jan van Driel

Click to view attachment

serpens
Beautiful work Jan.
marsophile
That light-toned material looks quite striking (in a hollow near the upper center of the image).

A crop from Jan's image:

Click to view attachment
jvandriel
Sol 2447.

The MASTCam R looking SE.

Jan van Driel

Click to view attachment

serpens
Pediment protected by allochthonous detritus (likely), lithified alluvial fan or deltaic?
jvandriel
The Navcam L view on Sol 2453.

Jan van Driel

Click to view attachment
jvandriel
and the MAHLI view on Sol 2453.

Jan van Driel

Click to view attachment
charborob
Sol 2453 Lmastcam post-drive view:
Click to view attachment
charborob
Sol 2454 Lmastcam view:
Click to view attachment
Phil Stooke
Jan's sol 2453 panorama in circular form. Out of the valley and up onto the rocky hill.

Phil

Click to view attachment
jvandriel
The Navcam L view on Sol 2454.

Click to view attachment
Phil Stooke
And a circular version of Jan's sol 2454 panorama. Com paring it with the last one shows how we have moved to the southwest a bit.

Phil

Click to view attachment
PaulH51
A short wheel check drive during Sol 1459. Roughly assembled L-NavCam partial pan of the view in front of the rover
Click to view attachment
jvandriel
The Navcam L view on Sol 2459.

Jan van Driel

Click to view attachment
jvandriel
The MASTCam L view on Sol 2458.

Jan van Driel

Click to view attachment
charborob
Sol 2459 Lmastcam:
Click to view attachment
PaulH51
2459 post drive workspace (processed L-MastCam)
Click to view attachment
jvandriel
The Mastcam L images taken on Sol 2455 and Sol 2458

Debayered and stitched.

Jan van Driel

Click to view attachment
jvandriel
Added also the MASTCam L images taken on Sol 2457.

Jan van Driel

Click to view attachment
jvandriel
Added also the MASTCam L images taken on Sol 2457.

Jan van Driel

Click to view attachment
Steve G
QUOTE (serpens @ Jul 2 2019, 03:50 PM) *
Pediment protected by allochthonous detritus (likely), lithified alluvial fan or deltaic?

I definitely cannot pronounce half those words. Now I'll look up what they mean. rolleyes.gif
Phil Stooke
Nice Mastcam mosaics everyone! Here is Jan's sol 2459 panorama in circular form.

Phil

Click to view attachment
charborob
Sol 2462 Mahli view of the rocks:
Click to view attachment
(Photoshop could'nt stitch all the images. Three were left out.)
PaulH51
Short drive on sol 2463: post drive partial L-NavCam pan, roughly assembled in MS ICE
Click to view attachment
PaulH51
Curiosity Sol 2463 end of drive stowed MAHLI. It's been a while since we had one of these smile.gif
Click to view attachment
jvandriel
The complete MAHLI view on Sol 2462.

( 18 images )

Jan van Driel

Click to view attachment
jvandriel
The Navcam L view on Sol 2463.

Jan van Driel

Click to view attachment
Explorer1
Great new HiRISE image from May 31, showing the mast!

https://www.jpl.nasa.gov/news/news.php?feature=7453
fredk
The emission angle is only 10.6 deg for that shot, so isn't the turret more likely? Knowing what azimuth the camera view was from (ie 10.6 deg in which direction?) and where the turret was at that time should decide it.
djellison
The end of the arm is largely dark. That's the top of the ChemCam housing on the RSM - no doubt about it.

It was Sol 2423 for MSL
Images
https://mars.jpl.nasa.gov/msl/multimedia/ra...00#/?slide=2423
Plan Description
https://mars.jpl.nasa.gov/msl/mission/mars-...cks-at-our-feet

"Then on the second sol ChemCam will acquire observations on 2 autonomously selected AEGIS targets, along with some Navcam dust devil and suprahorizon observations to monitor the atmosphere."

It's the second sol of a 2 sol plan that had a drive on the first sol - therefore the arm remains stowed.

That includes a ChemCam AEGIS block (Navcam images with a CCAM sequence ID are AEGIS) a dust devil movie and supra-horizon movie, and then the RSM would have stowed - which is 0az, -48 deg in rover frame. i.e. pointing forward and down.

The arm was stowed at the time it was taken.
charborob
Sol 2464 Lmastcam debayered:
Click to view attachment
Phil Stooke
Jan's sol 2463 panorama in circular format, another small drive on the rocky hill. I'm running a bit slow on the map update as I am roughing it in the bush at Ucluelet on Vancouver Island. Spent the day on Long Beach... it's a tough life being retired. Map update will follow when i can get to it.

Phil

Click to view attachment
PaulH51
The MSL web pages have recently been modified (upgraded?)

Like many I'm not a fan of change part way through a mission but I'll likely warm to the revised format eventually. But that is not the reason for this post.

The image server changes may have had a serious effect on Midnight Planets and Joe Knapp's image pages. Unless they have both have had issues at the same time

There are recent images on JPL's server that are missing from both Midnight Planets and Joe's page. Sol dates look OK, but published dates appear to have reset to the beginning of 2000. Selecting thumbnails on MP's sol 2466 page goes straight to 404 errors (both on PC and APP versions). Joe's 2466 page has no thumbnails, just image placeholders.

The new 'whereistherovernow' page has all the map thumbnails, but clicking any of the recent maps gives 404 page errors.

Hopefully these are just teething problems with the new design that will be fixed soon, but not sure if fixing those teething issues will fix Joe's and MP pages.
fredk
Joe's site has been showing only mahli images for a couple of weeks now, so there seems to have been a different problem there.

But a completely new official public image site would mean both Joe and MP would need to completely rewrite their image harvesting code, I'd think. That's a big job.
jvandriel
The Navcam L view on Sol 2466.

Jan van Driel

Click to view attachment
mcaplinger
QUOTE (PaulH51 @ Jul 14 2019, 07:55 PM) *
Hopefully these are just teething problems with the new design...

Are you saying that there's something on https://mars.jpl.nasa.gov/msl/multimedia/raw that is actually wrong, or just that the page format changed? If there's an actual problem then you should report it to https://mars.jpl.nasa.gov/feedback/
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.