Reply to this topicStart new topic
ExoMars
SFJCody
post Jul 20 2006, 07:57 AM
Post #106

Group: Members
Member No.: 12

QUOTE (SkyeLab @ Jul 17 2006, 03:01 PM) *
ExoMars prototype on show at Farnborough Air Show.

Brian

Saw it there yesterday. Also picked up bunches of leaflets- will see if there's anything new in them (didn't have time to ask questions).
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lyford
post Jul 20 2006, 06:02 PM
Post #107

Member No.: 124

they have live feeds from the "pancam" -

I call this one

"A Space Enthusiast Makes His Move"

Watch those hands, mister! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Lyford Rome
"Zis is not nuts, zis is super-nuts!" Mathematician Richard Courant on viewing an Orion test

+Quote Post
Guest_AlexBlackwell_*
post Jul 20 2006, 06:11 PM
Post #108

Guests

QUOTE (lyford @ Jul 20 2006, 08:02 AM) *
they have live feeds from the "pancam" -

I call this one

"A Space Enthusiast Makes His Move"

Or "After Struggle, Rover (Groper) Finally Reaches Shoulder on the way to Twin Peaks."

+Quote Post
nprev
post Jul 21 2006, 12:48 AM
Post #109

Merciless Robot

Group: Admin
Member No.: 602

I'd have to characterize this as an assisted encounter: using an intermediate body for trajectory adjustment... rolleyes.gif

--------------------
A few will take this knowledge and use this power of a dream realized as a force for change, an impetus for further discovery to make less ancient dreams real.

+Quote Post
lyford
post Jul 21 2006, 01:26 AM
Post #110

I hope this doesn't devolve into another "near one far one" debate..... tongue.gif

--------------------
Lyford Rome
"Zis is not nuts, zis is super-nuts!" Mathematician Richard Courant on viewing an Orion test

+Quote Post
dvandorn
post Jul 21 2006, 03:42 AM
Post #111

Member No.: 15

I just want some of you imagery wizards to tell us which of the Twin Peaks is larger, or at least which protrudes more... or are we seeing a rare instance of Nature's perfection, and each mound is exactly the same size?

laugh.gif

-the other Doug

--------------------
“The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right.” -Mark Twain

+Quote Post
lyford
post Jul 21 2006, 05:09 AM
Post #112

Apparently the webcam is following standard ESA image release guidelines....

"Updating every 10 seconds" and the same pic is still up there from this morning! (Or has that exhibit closed?) rolleyes.gif

EDIT - FIxed link to pic in earlier post. I guess it's back to being updated - good thing I got a screen grab of our friends - seems the archive is no longer there.

--------------------
Lyford Rome

+Quote Post
karolp
post Aug 1 2006, 11:22 AM
Post #113

Member No.: 744

Oh, it seems there is a lot more to that image! If we shift our attention away from the twin peaks and towards the FACE of the guy, we can easily see that the one behind him is also busy attempting to perform a sort of a Vulcan mind meld :-)

--------------------

+Quote Post
GravityWaves
post Nov 6 2006, 08:45 AM
Post #114

Member No.: 723

QUOTE (PhilCo126 @ Jun 22 2006, 08:07 AM) *
Here's the cover of ESA BUlletin we talked about ( FREE copies available via ESA publications )
http://www.esa.int/esaMI/ESA_Publications/index.html

nice looking rover

+Quote Post
jamescanvin
post Nov 10 2006, 11:44 PM
Post #115

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 16

The BBC is reporting that the Exomars launch is being pushed back to 2013 sad.gif but that it may now include an orbiter. smile.gif

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/6133712.stm

James

--------------------
Twitter
Please support unmannedspaceflight.com by donating here

+Quote Post
monitorlizard
post Dec 15 2006, 01:24 PM
Post #116

Member No.: 381

There's a new report out of Canada (www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2006/12/14/mars-rover.html, or can access through Nasawatch site) that the Canadian government has refused to give the financial support needed for Canadian companies to build the Exomars rover. Canada was ESA's first and best choice because of their expertise in robotics, so this has sort of left ESA in the lurch. This is bad news for the United States. We've been world leader in program management incompetence for decades, and this seriously threaterns our status.

Seriously, though, the article stated that Exomars was Euope's "planned mission to Mars by 2015". It's unclear from the wording whether they meant launch by 2015 or landing by 2015. 2011 was baseline for a long while, with 2013 as backup, then recently 2013 became the most likely launch. Could the launch be pushed back another two years?

+Quote Post
Phil Stooke
post Dec 15 2006, 02:04 PM
Post #117

Solar System Cartographer

Member No.: 227

Eejits!

Phil

--------------------
... because the Solar System ain't gonna map itself.

Also to be found posting similar content on https://mastodon.social/@PhilStooke
Maps for download (free PD: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/comm...Cartography.pdf
NOTE: everything created by me which I post on UMSF is considered to be in the public domain (NOT CC, public domain)

+Quote Post
ustrax
post Dec 15 2006, 02:32 PM
Post #118

Special Cookie

Member No.: 228

QUOTE (Phil Stooke @ Dec 15 2006, 02:04 PM) *
Eejits!

Phil

In good portuguese: F...-se!... mad.gif

In the article there is a reference to a possible brain drain...
Shouldn't ESA enter in the race?...

--------------------
"Ride, boldly ride," The shade replied, "If you seek for Eldorado!"
Edgar Alan Poe

+Quote Post
gpurcell
post Dec 15 2006, 03:36 PM
Post #119

Member No.: 127

The Canadian announcement is a real blow to this program...I suspect it will push the launch to 2017 or later--if it even continues.

+Quote Post
Ant103
post Dec 15 2006, 06:29 PM
Post #120

Member No.: 678

Sig!
It's a real deception...
Can we expect to make a real Mars exploration in these conditions? Whereas the European Union of the 25 is the first power of the world, just before the USA. But, European Space Agency is like a poor face to NASA.
2013... We can say never! We push, we push, we push and during this time, we can only dream by seeing the synthetics pictures of the rover (more build than the MER...).
This make me angry from the Europe. All this technocrates wo don't have any interest of the space and the science and who can prefer to pay there attention to... to what? So, this fact reveal clearly the Europe status : no goal, no way. No target are fix for the future. We can't stay with this semi-mesure Europe. A lots of project will stay write on the paper, in this time, America have landed on Mars with men and women.
I say it all the time : make the United States of Europe. Or stop it and come back to a pre-war situation when the countries made their own small project.

Sorry about that, but, for me, it's too.

--------------------

+Quote Post

39 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 09:33 AM
RULES AND GUIDELINES
Please read the Forum Rules and Guidelines before posting.

IMAGE COPYRIGHT
Images posted on UnmannedSpaceflight.com may be copyrighted. Do not reproduce without permission. Read here for further information on space images and copyright.

OPINIONS AND MODERATION
Opinions expressed on UnmannedSpaceflight.com are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of UnmannedSpaceflight.com or The Planetary Society. The all-volunteer UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderation team is wholly independent of The Planetary Society. The Planetary Society has no influence over decisions made by the UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderators.
SUPPORT THE FORUM
Unmannedspaceflight.com is funded by the Planetary Society. Please consider supporting our work and many other projects by donating to the Society or becoming a member.